1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drift Truck Set Up!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by DriftedTaco99, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Sep 9, 2007 at 10:41 AM
    DriftedTaco99

DriftedTaco99 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 Extended Cab 3.4L V6
    I need help guys! I have a 1999 Tacoma of course and its a 3.4L V6 and im doing the 5 speed swap this week. I need to know where I can get either a Supercharger kit or a Turbo kit. Also need after market suspension, as in Coilovers and tie rod and upper and lower control arms. I have been drifting for the last 5 years in my 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe and know where to get all the parts for those cars but not truck. Thanks for your help and wish me luck.

2. Sep 9, 2007 at 9:58 PM
    DriftedTaco99

DriftedTaco99 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 Extended Cab 3.4L V6
    can any one help me???

3. Sep 10, 2007 at 2:16 PM
    motocross

motocross Member

Member:
    well i think a tacoma drifter would be insane!!! atleast your trying something diffrent, idont no how leaf spring susp will handle drifting tho and for coil overs i would say just look around the net for performance susp

4. Sep 10, 2007 at 4:22 PM
    Mudbug

Mudbug Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amsoil 0w-20 engine oil and Amsoil Full synthetic 75w-90 in the Transmission, transfer case, front and rear Differentials. AFE Cold Air Intake
    Get the rear clip from a supra and weld it up in there. Then you would have independant rear suspension.

5. Sep 10, 2007 at 5:29 PM
    MarkC

MarkC Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yokota AB, Fussa-Shi, Japan
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4 SR5
    2 inch spacer in the front, and homemade add a leaf in the rear, billet grille, bull bar
    I know theres a couple sick turbo kits out there for the 3.4. http://www.turbo-kits.com/tacoma_turbo_kits.html
    is it a prerunner or a regular 2x4? if it's a mini your best bet would X runner suspension and do the nessicary mods to get it in there. if's it's a prerunner i'm not sure of any aftermarket susp. parts to get it low enough and make it effective for drifting. you can get some seroius power out of the 3.4 theres a dude in Orlando FL that dyno's over 800hp with a boosted 99 3.4 Taco

6. Sep 10, 2007 at 7:02 PM
    motocross

motocross Member

Member:
    my next vehicles going to be a drifter, i was always nervous about modding vehicles but since i started racing stock cars i really learned alot about re-clipping frames from the older guys that race. re-clipping the rear end sounds hard but is pretty basic actually. do you guys know what there is for turbo kits for a 2.7 and how much boost could it take stock

7. Sep 11, 2007 at 3:36 PM
    twoarezee

twoarezee Well-Known Member

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    djm upper arms w/ eibach or belltech coils for the front w/ a s-runner or addco sway bar. no bolt in coilovers or lower arms at all unless you wanna fab mounts and cut out the old shit. for the rear, coilovers only if your going to ditch the leaf springs and install a 4 link, but that will require a lot of fab work. otherwise some 3" drop leafs and maybe a small block to level out with the front and an addco/hellwig/s-runner sway bar. as for tie rods there are no tacoma specific ones so you'll need to cut the stockers and weld on the replacements if you find some that will work. everything should be available from summit, jc whitney, and www.autobahnwholesale.com. for a supercharger check ebay then go to www.urdusa.com for all your fuel delivery and tuning.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Sep 11, 2007 at 3:38 PM
    twoarezee

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    you'll also need some good shocks. i'd suggest getting kyb monomax's, they are super stiff and are about $50 each. and you probably know already but put poly bushings everywhere in the suspension.

9. Sep 11, 2007 at 4:24 PM
    twoarezee

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    nevermind i just read you have a prerunner and everything i said applies to 5 lug mini's. my bad.

10. Sep 16, 2007 at 7:17 PM
    throwbacktaco

throwbacktaco Member

Member:
    Lower Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '95 3.4 V6 288,000 miles and counting
    Fabtech adjustable coilovers, HD military wrap leaf springs, 3" body lift, 33 x 12.50 super swamper tXus radials, deckplate mod, STRAIGHT PIPE
    if u wanna keep the leaves traction bars are a must

Products Discussed in

To Top