1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drilling a hole in my roof

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by IndianTaco, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    An NMO is a 3/4" hole. If another kind of connector, not sure.

2. Apr 2, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    BarefootBandit

BarefootBandit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TC UCA OME 884 5100 TSB+AAL 4.10 V6 6spd 285/75/16
    Yeah they are bare metal, and I've seen brand new cars with a good amount of rust there.

I asked the head tech how this could happen and he told me it's because some car manufacturers store frame parts outdoors before they are installed into the vehicle.

Then in other cases I've seen rusty dash frames due to leaky spot lights that were half as installed by the town garage people.
    We once had a fleet of 10 brand new DEP Expedition's come in. The spot lights were installed at their garage and then the trucks sat for months until they needed them. When they brought them in for radio installs they all stinked of water and mold since they didn't bother sealing the holes.

Plus on many of them they installed the spot light too low on the pillar and you couldn't turn the steering wheels 360 degrees without your hand hitting it.

Damn town garage people:facepalm:

3. Apr 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Pff well if you dont seal anything and water flows into the vehicle, priming is the last of your worries :D

4. Apr 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    BenMara

BenMara That Asian RedNeck

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Belton/Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 SCed
    TRD Blower, Ham Radio, DBA T2 Rotors
    well i finally installed my NMO mount for my 2meter
    Removed all associated interior to get to factory satellite antenna, what FUN.
    Well come to find out the hole is not round its square, 9/16 side to side, and has a 3/16 hole just ahead of this square hole about an inch.

Products Discussed in

To Top