1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drink condensation on seat

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by tarheelfan_08, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Jun 13, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    kk. I have an "ask an upholsterer thread"

My first choice being and upholsterer, obviously I would just take the cover off and wash it in mild detergent in the washing machine. But...Thats gonna take some work and some tools.
    My second choice would be the "resolve".
    3rd would be maybe vinegar or any other method.

2. Jun 13, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    The resolve kits that I use have a built in scrubber on the head of the can itself. It says "carpet" But see if you can find one a lil more gentler for upholstery.
    Good luck!!

3. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    I will get the one in the can with scrubber!

4. Jun 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    Just got back from lunch and it looks awful. I can not wait to get something on it tonight....darn water is supposed to dry. Soda leaves rings lol

5. Jun 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    we were at an amusement park and got caught in a downpour walkin cross the parkin lot......needless to say we were soaked and it left water stains on the seats in the wifes escape......i sprayed the entire seat with an upolstry cleaner and scrubbed it with a brush and wiped it with a sponge afterward to remove any excess. when it dried all the water marks were gone. good luck

6. Jun 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I just put the resolve on it and it dried like a water spot...but helped some....I put it on whole area, dabbed with a sponge, then scrubbed a bit....I do something wrong?

7. Jun 14, 2011 at 2:08 AM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    when i had the water spots on the wifes seats i had to actually scrub using the brush on lid of the cleaner. then i took a sponge and scrubbed with that. it worked but it took effort

8. Jun 14, 2011 at 2:13 AM
    RacerAV

RacerAV Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    doesnt anyone else question the "drink condensation wet spot" in the back seat? just me? okay... sorry, moving on... hahahaa

Adamo

9. Jun 14, 2011 at 5:59 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    well, got in the truck today and after I left the resolve set over night seats look pretty good. There were a few spots that had stuff on them when I bought the truck, and it lighted those up. I plan to do it one more time tonight and let it set over night again. I just sprayed the whole area, scrubbed with a sponge , and let dry over night. I was going to do it before work, but I feel like when I let that stuff dry in the bright sun that it tends to leave a stain or such.

All in all, new stains it removes quick. Older ones will take a few times of cleaning

10. Jun 14, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    Glad you almost get the issue resolved.

11. Jun 14, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    me 2, I look forward to finishing it tonight and doing some other spots in the truck

12. Jun 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    TidalWave

TidalWave I have a shovel and no one will miss you...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mendy
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB
    4" Maxtrac Spindle lift, 33" BFG A/T, Avid weld on rock sliders and rear bumper, Smoked Projector Headlights, smoked tails and fogs, HID healights and fogs, flowmaster exhaust, Wet Okoles, debadged. Ready to take your milk money.
    I have water spots on my seats too, and have tried a few oxy products. They havent worked, even tried the Simple Solution. I guess resolve will be next!

13. Jun 15, 2011 at 6:22 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I did all of the seats last night and they look brand new this morning!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top