1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drive Side Stuck on High Beam

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BAP_29, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mar 13, 2015 at 7:28 AM
    BAP_29

BAP_29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100s at 2.5" and Toytec 1.5" AAL Eagle Alloy 063 Wheels on 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires Alpine iDA-X305 Head Unit MB Quart DKD 116 Discus-Line 6.5" Front Speakers (Baffles by Marv) Alpine 6-Disk CD Changer Toyota All-Weather Floor Mats Kobalt Low-Profile Toolbox 13" Wicked Flow Muffler w/ Chrome Tip
    A couple months after installing some LED headlights, I noticed that my driver side light has become stuck on high beam. At first I thought it was the LEDs. Last week however, my driver side headlight has become filled with moisture. The entire lens is covered in moisture. I am going to replace the headlights with a set from Depo soon.

Do you think replacing the headlights will fix the issue? I know I can just go swap the leds from driver side to passenger and see if it functions but I really think its a headlight issue now.

2. Mar 13, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    Swap the bulbs and see if it fixes it. The moisture in the headlight is coming from some small gap/hole. Make sure the bulb/seat is securely fastened to get rid of gaps. It's easy to get rid of moisture when it's hot out but now your best bet might be to tie one of those dessicate packages onto some dental floss and drop a few of them into the headlight housing to soak up the moisture.

Products Discussed in

To Top