1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver Seat Clicking In Lumbar Area

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by rustcw, May 24, 2018.

1. May 24, 2018 at 11:45 AM
    rustcw

rustcw [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab SR5
    Hey all! First time here and post here. I have been trying to find an answer to my issue and looked all over the place, I cannot find a solution...so I thought you all may be able to help.

I bought a used 2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab LB 4x4 about a year ago. I notice that when I make sharper turns there seems to be a clicking in the lumbar part on my driver's seat. I live on some pretty windy roads and it has gotten very annoying. When I turn right I can feel something in my back area click to the left, and when I turn right I can feel it turn left. I was told it was most likely a tension wire on the lumbar grid that is shifting and needs insulated or if you cant find it the grid will need replaced. Messing with the seat position and lumbar knob can stop it periodically, but it seems to keep coming back. I took my truck to the Toyota dealership by my house last week and they could not find/fix the issue. Weird, since I noticed it within 5 minutes of getting my truck back. Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions! I'm not too car savvy so fixing it myself could be difficult. Thanks!

2. Jun 3, 2018 at 6:40 PM
    joeyv141

joeyv141 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB 4x4 V6 TRD Sport
    What you were told sounds correct, you would need to remove the seat material to get to the frame portion. Take pictures of it before and as you remove it cause it can be annoying to figure out how it all goes back together.

Products Discussed in

To Top