1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver's Side Door Lock Problem

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Danmassman, May 31, 2012.

1. May 31, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    Danmassman

Danmassman [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab
    Greetings all, It's been a while since my last post but I wanted to try and get some advice on an issue with my door locks before I contact the service department at the dealership. The drivers side door lock on My 2010 Tacoma double cab has been sticking and takes between 3-4 clicks on the remote to properly lock the doors. All the other doors lock with one click but not the drivers door. It does the same thing when you press the lock button on the inside as well. It can be locked manually but you can definately feel that it is tougher to get into the locked position than the other doors. Ironically, my truck just turned 36,000 miles however I did purchase the extended warranty when I purchased the truck new in Dec 2009.

I've noticed a few others on the board having trouble with door actuators in similar models. I wasn't certain if this was the case with mine as well? Thanks again ,

Dan

2. May 31, 2012 at 7:37 PM
    tacowestley

tacowestley Khmer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    562/626, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Prerunner OR
    8k HIDs, flowmaster, bora wheel spacers 1.25'', debadged tailgate, DRL and foglight anytime mod, BHLM, 09+ LED tailights, painted valence black, mickey thompson classics 16'', switchback LEDs, reverse LEDs, tailgate clamp
    actually my moms 05 highlander does the same thing but on the passenger side:confused:

3. May 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    I replaced my drivers lock prob 2 years ago, and I now have to change the front passenger side lock. It pretty much doesn't work at all now.

4. May 31, 2012 at 9:50 PM
    AZ4point0

AZ4point0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    V
    Northern AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Tacoma TRD Off Road, V6, S/C, Icon Stage 1, TRD Exhaust, AFE Intake
    Sounds like the door lock actuator is going out - the electric motor that locks and unlocks
    Go to your local body shop the can swap them for you - could also be a bent rod if someone has worked on your door recently they might have screwed up the rod - usually happens when they replace a power window motor

5. Jun 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    Danmassman

Danmassman [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab
    Do you think this would be something covered by Toyota extended warranty?

Products Discussed in

To Top