1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driveshaft problem on Seawall?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Lurkin, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Aug 23, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Anyone on here want to admit some driveshaft problems on the Galveston Seawall Saturday night?

2. Aug 23, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    newbtacoma

newbtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White Sport
    lol not I, what did you see Lurkin?

3. Aug 23, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    Not I, what color was the truck....

4. Aug 23, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    theflyingtosher

theflyingtosher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tosh
    So. Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 Silver Streak DC
    3" Lift and Level, Brute Force Intake, OEM Roof rack, TW diy BHLM.
    not I, but I was drivin around San Luis Pass friday night

5. Aug 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    Lurkin

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    It was a silver long bed.

6. Aug 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    Lurkin

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Well, no one 'fessin' up, so here is what I saw.

My family went down to Galveston for a "last weekend before school starts" thing (hotel, hotel pool & Schlitterbahn). Saturday night we headed onto the Seawall for a bit of din-din, and while driving down the Seawall I see this red Ford come flying past us (relative "flying" given traffic on the Seawall) and weaving a spot or two through traffic. A minute or so later this silver Taco comes by doing the same thing.

A light turns red and they are both one car back from the light, next to each other, and about 2 cars in front of us. They're both revving up and sounding like a street race is about to start,,, except for those cars ahead of them anyway. Light turns green, car in front of Ford moves forward, Ford moves forward normally, Taco sits a minute, lets car in front of him go forward a bit, then does a weak powerbrake shot and pops forward some.

Couldn't quite tell if they were having a real problem, or just a bit of friendly fun. About a block later, the Taco pulls in behind the Ford, then the Taco pulls into the turn lane next to the Ford (at a stop light) for a minute. Taco then revs up, appears to powerbrake it again, then a loud POP and a thunk, and he pulls into a driveway and slows to a stop. I see something hanging down and as we pull by, the back driveshaft is hanging down. Appears that the U-joint into the carrier bearing had failed catastrophically.

I had to laugh. Would have been funnier if the Ford had dropped it's driveshaft, but I don't have much sympathy for wildman automotive face-offs. Even if it was friendly, it can affect others way too easily especially since it was a busy night on the Seawall.

7. Aug 23, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    bakerla

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    i fit the description as a silver long bed, but i wasn't involved nor is that my driving behavior

8. Aug 24, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    SCOTT'S TACO LOCO

SCOTT'S TACO LOCO Cherry

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 TACO TRD 4x$
    Rain-X, Blue Coral Wax, After-market cigarette lighter and a Texas Tacoma sticker! and few recalls here and there. Full Throttle gas pedal mod with bulky floor mats.

Guilty commonly refers to the feeling of guilt, an experience that occurs when a person believes that they have violated a moral standard.

9. Aug 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    bakerla

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    welcome back

10. Aug 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    SCOTT'S TACO LOCO

SCOTT'S TACO LOCO Cherry

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 TACO TRD 4x$
    Rain-X, Blue Coral Wax, After-market cigarette lighter and a Texas Tacoma sticker! and few recalls here and there. Full Throttle gas pedal mod with bulky floor mats.
    thanks, It sucks to spend the summer in Jail:mad:

To Top