1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DSM Unprofessional

Discussion in 'Downsouth Motorsports' started by csjumper2003, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    Sure it sucks...but unless you had a specific appt. then thats the way it goes

My dad owns a VERY successful small business...he has specific business hours, but if he feels like closing early then thats the breaks...sure every now and again he might lose a customer but sometimes things gotta get done and small businesses sometimes have to close without notice

2. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    WhiteWiddow

WhiteWiddow a member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 V6 TRD Sport DC LB 4X4
    Same ish everyones doin
    DSM is AMAZING to work with! I've sent them many PM's and they take the time to answer my questions, they even honor past prices and work with you. Why did you even drive there? THEY SHIP FOR FREE. I cant wait to spend my money with DSM this friday and I don't plan on going anywhere else. Thanks again for all the help Marco.

3. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    Really? REALLY? Do you think DSM, a company, just has plenty of time in the world and the people who run it just sit on TacomaWorld and browse all day and night? Come on buddy. I get your pissed. DSM is a reputable company among many people. I personally have not dealt with them, but they are first people I'd go to. And I will be shortly. The positive feedback is overwhelming from loads of people...

and I'll add this: :popcorn:

4. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    csjumper2003

csjumper2003 [OP] Jumper's Leds Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Lakeside
    Vehicle:
    2014 SSM Trd Off Road 4x4 Auto

Sorry some poeple have kids and cant just take off work.

5. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Well here is what I think of this thread

[​IMG]

If it was me I would be like, "Hmmm. They must have closed early. All well."

6. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I'm sorry about your screwed up situation.

7. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    x2.

8. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    csjumper2003

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Lakeside
    Vehicle:

Then say appointment only like sat and sun says

9. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    travelingman

travelingman What would Scooby do?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07lb4x4DC
    ticking eng.mo,ventvisors,locking tailgate,wheelmasters ss spare tire inflation line,weathertech mats
    Wow Mr. PissyPants! Did you just now realize the world doesn't revolve around you?

10. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    This thread won't end well

You heard it here first folks

11. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre

That's a wicked haircut. My dog will have that tomorrow.

12. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Every time I've called they have picked up right away. Sometimes when it comes to business you just need to shut down early and sometimes those days are unforeseen. As someone else stated shit happens. Had I been cutting it that close after them telling me they close at 5, I would have said I am on my way from xxxx and am running a little late. Will someone be there to help me with xxxx when I get there or can someone stick around should I show up 10 or so minutes after 5? Not making excuses for them but as a business owner I know first hand shit happens and sometimes you need to get out of dodge before the end of the day and if your an operation with very little staff it doesn't take much for this scenario to play out. It would have been unprofessional had you shown up and they were trying to get out and gave you the brush off or told you to go F yourself.
    Not for nothing but your first post sounded like a legitimate venting session. Your follow up posts sounds like you are pandering to try and get a discount because of the situation since you are likely aware of their good nature of trying to get things right. I could be wrong but that is how it comes across to me.:notsure:

13. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    csjumper2003

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Lakeside
    Vehicle:
    Pissy pants because ur jocking on their balls. Dude I made a thread to vent no need for name calling what is that gonna accomplish. Im gonna see it how i want to and anyone that dont can pick another thread

14. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    the Pacific Northwest, Exploring
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    King ET Coilovers Camburg Uniball UCAs Alcan 8-Leaf Rear Spring Packs Fox 2.0 Resi Rear Shocks FrankenFab Rear Shock Relocate Trail Gear U-bolt Flip Toytec 1" Extended Shackle 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker OBA ARB Twin Comp 15x8 D Window Steelies 33" BFG KM2s Limited Edition Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch PIAA 510 SMR Fog Lights Lightforce 170s Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Whynter 65 qt. Fridge/Freezer CVT Mt Bachelor RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack GM 140 amp alternator Optima Yellow Top battery Magnaflow 18" Muffler Braided Steel Brake Lines K&N Drop-in air filter ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Uniden 520xl CB radio 3’ Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1” Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    So now that you've vented, now what? Do you feel better? Do you think you have changed the minds of any DSM customers?

You haven't changed mine, DSM is still the best.

15. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    x2

I agree completely. I have done numerous amounts of work for small businesses, and am currently employed under two companies that are very small as just side gigs for me...

16. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    I always give my gun smith a call right before I leave my house just to make sure he will be there even if we had prior arrangements because I know that he is a busy guy with a lot of customers and sometimes he has to duck out early to go test a customers rifle or whatever.

17. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    You should have vented on facebook.... your venting about a great company to a bunch of guys who do business with them and like them... how do you expect us to react. Maybe if you had directions from mapquest.... or popped it into your gps you could have found it easier. Make an appointment on saturday and go up there... what were you trying to get done anyway?

18. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    That's California for you.

<-----Crap!:pout:

19. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    This thread is pretty much as I expected

You heard it here first folks

20. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    OP, I don't care.

You know why?

My god damn 4wd conversion was successful.
    suck it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top