1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dtc p2118 trying to repair

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by snyper96799, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jan 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    snyper96799

snyper96799 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yon
    American Samoa
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma lifted
    6inch trailmaster, deckplate, custom halo lights, 18inch sub w/ 3000 watt amp, minor interior mods
    Hey everyone,im fairly new to TW i have been on here a couple times but just recently started an account. Anyways, i have a problem with my truck the battery leads were accidently put on backwards and blew a whole bunch of fuses. I managed to change them all but now the gas pedal goes about half way down before i can feel the butterfly in the throttle body engage. Ive scanned the truck and got DTC's P2118 and P0031. Ive researched the trouble codes and all i got was to change the ETSC fuse, ive done that but no fix. Ive also checked the connect to the throttle body and from the specs i got off of alldatapros it was in range. So i really don't know what else to check for. Our toyota dealer told me to buy a new throttle body which is +$1000 here on my island so i just wanna make sure that there are no other options out there before i buy it. Please any other suggestions on things i can check or a way to fix this would be appreciated

Products Discussed in

To Top