1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dual Exhaust System?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Manofs, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Oct 11, 2007 at 7:18 PM
    Manofs

Manofs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    well i am thinking about getting a dual exhaust system for my 4.0L V6, 4x4. i was wondering do any of you all have any ideas. where and who i should buy it from. what price would it be, links would be great. i am not to sure if i want true dual exhaust just yet, but hey i am up for anything. also i have the borla exhaust with dual tips, do any of you all think i could sell that and get some decent money for it.....thanks guys

2. Oct 11, 2007 at 7:46 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

you've heard my clip of my flowmaster. so which borla exhaust is it that you have???

3. Oct 11, 2007 at 8:08 PM
    Manofs

Manofs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    its the upgrade from the original exhaust that comes straight from the dealer. its pretty nice, i like the sound but i want dual and want it to be louder. i totally forgot about the spare tire, thank goodness you reminded me about it.

4. Oct 12, 2007 at 2:34 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

just remember that the "duals out the back" set-up can be done, the exhaust shop just needs to be unlazy in doing so. basically im saying to call bullshit on them if they try to tell ya that the spare has to be relocated to the bed area.!!

5. Nov 5, 2007 at 5:28 PM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Hey Tacomaman06! !! Just looking through the threads and ran across this one with your Flowmaster Clip! !! That is some Bitchin' sound! !!! Does it make a lot of noise in the cab:confused:

Thanks

Don G

6. Nov 5, 2007 at 6:58 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    honestly don..........its very mild in the cab, you can barely tell its there. until you decide to pass someone,and get into the throttle, then, of course, you know its there!!!

7. Nov 5, 2007 at 8:41 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    check out my sound clips, the links are in my signature. i have a single side exit, not a dual tho, but the sound from my set-up but with duals would be deeper and not so raspy, and a bit quieter too because mine is LOUD, not sure how loud you wanna go but it makes a flowmaster sound like a 1.5l civic motor haha

8. Sep 29, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    kagmyster00

kagmyster00 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    05AccessOffroad
    ya i went to go get a price for a dual setup which would have been custom and they wanted like 500 somthing so i just got a muffler Flowmaster super 44 and swapped it with the stock one with the same piping only cost about 200 which included the muffler the guy at the shop said if i wanted to later on i could go back and he could put a Y pipe on the muffler and run duals would this make it sound better than the single side exit

Products Discussed in

To Top