1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dumb question?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Xewkija631, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    Xewkija631

Xewkija631 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    LI,NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK DC TRD OFF ROAD
    I believe this would be considered a dumb question but I really don't know how to use them...

Well first of, will my taco be able to handle to carrying a normal size fridge? I have a couple fridges that I want to recycle so I want to take them to the yard, however I don't really know how to keep the fridge in place while I'm driving.... is that where the anchors and the Celts come in? well if so... could someone like possibly post a picture on how these two things are used? like do I use a rope or some sort of strap....?

I didn't know where else to look or ask, I even tried youtubing this.

Thank You.

2. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    You'll be alright if you even want to lay it down and not worry about strapping it. The cleats should hold though if you wanted to tie down the fridge. Sorry no pics though

3. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ratchet straps work really well if you can get your hands on any. they aren't very expensive and are very useful.

4. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    thats how i moved our new one by strapping around it and ran them through the cleats. If your recycling them you can lay them down so they hang over the top of your tailgate if you needed to. But just do what your comfortable with and your set!!

5. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    when you tie something down in the bed, you want to make sure its fully secured, that it cant slide forward, backward, or side to side, the best option is to use ratchet straps, makes this job easy...

just use common knowledge to do this...its not as hard as you are making it out to be..

after you done securing it, trying moving it yourself, if you cant move it by shoving on it, it should be good to go, just dont drive like a mad man down the road either...

always keep your eye on what you are hauling, if you see your load start to move, then get out and check to make sure all your tie downs are secure...

6. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    I wish all the mexicans heading back to tijuana would have this common sense..too many times driving down the san diego freeways do i see stuff flying out of their trucks

7. Dec 6, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    Xewkija631

Xewkija631 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    LI,NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK DC TRD OFF ROAD
    Thank you everyone, ill look into the ratchet straps

8. Dec 6, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    And since you're new to hauling things in a truck and securing them, beware a mistake many people make. If you have anything that stands up (even the same height of your cab) realize that there is a lot of wind resistance against it the faster you go. My parents have seen a large, heavy dresser lifted up and out of a truck that wasn't tied down. And I've driven next to a pickup on the freeway doing 55 mph with a brand new recliner (those things are heavy) in the bed that was tied down toward the tailgate with twine. Amazing view to be next to it when the wind stretches/snaps the twine and lifts the recliner up and out of the pickup and dumps it directly behind them on the freeway breaking it into numerous parts! Luckily, no one was behind them at the time, but bye bye new recliner.

So you're topic isn't quite correct. It isn't a dumb question!

9. Dec 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Here's a really obvious solution that I guess is not so obvious.....

Call a "junk man". In my area there's always people hauling stuff for free if they can take it to the junk yard and get cash for it.

Products Discussed in

To Top