1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dumb request... but important.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mvega1969, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Feb 11, 2008 at 1:33 PM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    Well it has gone up to need to ask for a VIN# of someone with an '08 TRD Sport 4x4 long bed that has the rear spring leaf installed in it. If no one (I can definitely understand why -is like asking for the SSN-) is kind of providing this info is fine I will wait until Toyota include the '08 in this TSB.

So if someone has a TSB done under the above circumstances, please can he or she provide me with it...

I'm expecting the worst from anyone so go ahead and write whatever you want, I hope it does not goes to far...

Thanks,

miguel.vega@sbcglobal.net
    or mvega@rmorales.com
    or add mvega@rmorales.com to your msn/yahoo messenger.

2. Feb 11, 2008 at 1:37 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    If not here, you could also try ToyotaNation

3. Feb 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for your answer... regards.

4. Feb 11, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    The problem is that it has to match ok an '08 but with a TSB already applied or installed, that is the difficult part. And the TSB has to be the one that covers the rear leaf spring issue.

5. Feb 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    There is a gentleman in Toyota Nation (baja taco) that states his '08 Tacoma bought in México and built in México (Baja Plant) has already the 4 rear leaf spring installed from factory... good news for the recent buyer. Then Toyota should come with an update for its TSB based on a certain VIN number range.

Finally...

PS: Search for a thread under this same title.

6. Feb 12, 2008 at 6:35 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I hate to say it but you're probably just going to be patient. the original TSB was for the 05's and 06's but i have an 07 and had to wait a while before i was included. it would be very hard to find a dealer that would do a TSB for a vehicle that wasn't included on the TSB list, even if you do have the same parts

7. Feb 12, 2008 at 6:44 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    I agree with you... again. Patience it is what we all ('08) need to get this TSB done.

Thanks,

8. Feb 12, 2008 at 8:38 PM
    TacoSter

TacoSter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago Burbs
    Vehicle:
    Had 08 taco, in a 4runner now
    I have a stupid question?
    What harm would it do to post or email your vin to someone? Can you have a key made, fly to the dudes home town & drive a taco away? probably not... just curious are there Vin scams out here?

9. Feb 12, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    ^That's a good question, especially considering you can look into anyone's car and see it. I feel the same about license plate's too and always find it amusing when folks photoshop them out when they post a pic. Not like they don't drive around with it or anything.

But, I guess it's a "better safe than sorry" thing. Why provide the info, just in case?

10. Feb 13, 2008 at 6:38 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    First you both are totally right, but this a personal decision on providing or not such personal data (truck)... probably as I mentioned best thing for all of us '08's is to wait for an updated TSB that include us all.

11. Feb 13, 2008 at 7:20 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    I had absolutely NO trouble getting my '08 fixed. Called the dealership, talked to the service manager (not the person that answers the phone as they don't know $h!t) and explained that my truck had bottomed out. I gave him the TSB # and told him that there were no changes made from '07 (included on the TSB) and my '08. He asked to call me back while he talked to the factory rep. Within 15 minutes he called me back and said the parts were on order. Anyone in the Richmond, VA area should talk to the guys at McGeorge Toyota on West Broad. They have been great to work with from day-one.

12. Feb 13, 2008 at 7:42 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    And Mr. cvillechopper will you be so kind to e-mail me your VIN# and have the same success story about a TSB done on a '08?
    My e-mail addresses are: mvega@rmorales.com / miguel.vega@sbcglobal.net , hopefully you understand me and be able to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best Regards.

13. Feb 13, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    cvillechopper

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    I don't understand why you need someone else's Vin number. Is this something that your dealer is asking for?

14. Feb 13, 2008 at 8:42 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    Yes, since '08 are not included in the TSB (officially), the local Toyota Manager is asking me for this info. They already performed a replacement, they installed a new (same old part number) set of rear leaf springs in my Tacoma but with same problem after two days... bottoming out.

That is why.

15. Feb 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    cvillechopper

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    I don't think my Vin will do you any good then as I've got the TRD off-road short-bed. If the dealer is being that much of a prick about it he'll say that it's a different set-up so it doesn't count. My advice, go to another dealer. You don't have to have the work done at the dealer you bought the truck from.

One thing you could try is to tell the service manager that you'll be happy to take your future business elsewhere if he doesn't want to do the right thing and call the factory rep to verify that the current TSB will fix the problem on your truck. Make sure to ask him for the dealership number so you can have it ready when you file your complaint with Toyota.

http://www.toyota.com/help/contactus.html

They've got phone numbers and mailing addresses here for the customer experience center. Nothing gets a dealership to do the right thing like a call from the area manager...

16. Feb 14, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I feel your pain. I thought I was a go for the TSB a couple days ago then they called back that afternoon saying it only applied to 2005 to 08-28-07 trucks. Then today a parts guy from the dealer called and said the parts were in. These being the 4 leaf springs, bolts, and shocks. I didn't think the shocks were included with a TRD truck? Maybe different coils up front? Anyway the service manager never returned my call to set up a appointment. Maybe the sqeaky wheel will get the greese.

17. Feb 15, 2008 at 6:37 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    We are now partners of the same pain, our only hope is to have this TSB been updated and include all or a range of '08 VIN numbers. Hope this does not take so long.

18. Feb 15, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    cvillechopper

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    Are there any other dealers within an hour or 2 of you? If so, call them and explain the situation (including the local dealer and how they are not being helpful) and ask them to call the factory rep and verify that the TSB will work on your truck. A dealership with a decent service dept will be willing to work with you. If they don't... find another dealer if at all possible. It's worth the inconvience of a little travel to get good service.

The dealership I bought my truck from and get ANY service needed is more than 3 times as far as the local Dealer. The problem is, the local dealership is full of pricks that don't want to help. They've built a bad name for themselves and people are starting to travel to avoid dealing with them.

Don't assume that since one dealer told you that getting someone else's information is the only way to get it handled that they are right.

19. Feb 15, 2008 at 7:17 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    I do have several dealers "close by" they are at 2 or 2½ hours of driving from Laredo, but where I bought my truck (Universal Toyota) they immediately (24hrs) mentioned that '08's are not included in the TSB, with the local dealer you already know the whole story and taking your recommendation I may try to get it from where I got my Sienna, hopefully they may get helpful.

I will try it.

20. Feb 15, 2008 at 7:27 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    That may be part of my deal. I traveled out of town to buy the truck in the first place. I have bought 3 cars from the local dealer in years past but the last two have been bought from the same out of town dealer. And I'll give you about 5000 reasons why. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top