1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dynamat-->$1,339.00 to do Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ocean's, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Oct 31, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    Ocean's

Ocean's [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    http://www.dynamat.com/download/vss/2650_2000_Toyota_Tacoma.pdf

I want a nice job but my 43 yr old ears aren't going to be able to tell the difference netween dynamat and RAAMMAT from RAAMAudio...

Has anyone ever used the RAAMMat? I would like to do my Tacoma but now I'm scratchin my head about the price...

I'm wondering how little can i get away with?

2. Oct 31, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    ummm I would do the doors at the least. then go from there if you want more sound proofing.
    and no you should not be able to tell the dif between the two

3. Oct 31, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    lookylookitzadam

lookylookitzadam Retrofit Club!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    I just used frost king insulation from Lowes. Aluminum backed on one side closed cell dense foam. Made a huge difference and cost $30 =)

4. Oct 31, 2009 at 7:59 PM
    Ocean's

Member:
  5. Nov 1, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
  6. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I don't second guess ATS, he has some good ears and uses very good products.

However, I recommend Raammat. I have used Raammat and have been nothing but pleased with it. Rick is a fantastic guy and the product is a great product especially for the price.

My recommendation of Rammat versus Secondskin is nothing against secondskin. I just havent ever used it.

I would easily recommend both products over dynamat. Dynamat is just over priced and there isn't anything inherently special about it.

7. Nov 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Ocean's

Member:
    Was that 11 sheets of RAAMat or second skin?

After your install and driving it a couple of days did you think it was sufficient or could have used a bit more in some areas?

thx any pics of your install...

8. Nov 1, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
  9. Nov 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    atsaubrey

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
  10. Nov 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    Gossamer

Gossamer Howard Roark

Member:
    West of Illinois and East of Nebraska
    call rick and order BXTII. I spent $230 and did all four doors and the floor. It's great stuff.

11. Nov 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    I received this e-mail from 2nd Skin this week.

Use this code to take 15% off of our Luxury Liner Pro noise barrier
    LLP15FD
    Luxury Liner Pro is a mass loaded vinyl barrier that blocks the transmission of airborne noise. The foam side of this discounted batch has a slight texture that is not smooth, but will work just as well as the regular material.
    Please visit our site to take advantage of this offer
    www.secondskinaudio.com
    Thanks so much for your attention!
    ANT

12. Nov 1, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    That's insane! Do the Raammat. I did four doors inside and out and 1/2 of the back wall for under $200 including ensolyte and the adhesive that Raammat sells:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/19912-raammat-finished.html

My build (in my signature) also includes a graph of the music levels before and after (3rd page).

13. Nov 3, 2009 at 5:28 AM
    Ocean's

Member:
    I was wondering now with the rains, if we get water on the floor with the sound deadening down there, can it get moldy and funky?

14. Nov 3, 2009 at 8:04 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I used to feel the same way. I did my entire IS300 with Damplifier, spectrum and overkill.

However, now I've moved on to even better stuff. Sounddeadenershowdown.com is a site owned by Don, great guy. He originally started testing all sorts of deadener. His tests included adhesive strength tests, heat tolerance, and dampening effects. He originally concluded that Second Skin products were the best....that was a while ago.

Now Don has taken what he's learned from all the testing (the good the bad and the ugly) and put it into a product set of his own. His products are much better than anything else. You want to know how I know he's honest? He says that you DON'T need to cover the entire surface. He says that 25% coverage in the center of the panel is realistically all you need to make the most difference for the money. This is coming from a guy who wants to sell deadener.

In fact, I just got my shipment in from Don 3 days ago and I've got the carpet pulled out of my truck right now. I'll be starting my project either Thursday or Friday. I think he's got some sample packs too so you can get a small amount of what he offers to test for yourself. It's a little kit that has some of everything in it.

15. Nov 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    atsaubrey

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    no doubt Don has a good product, but to say it is better? I doubt i would go there. I truly believe either Second Skin or Don's (sound deadener showdown) is probably the best stuff out there. I will say you you not beat Second Skins customers service, Don...honestly dont know but would guess it is up to par.

16. Nov 3, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    The deadeners are very similar but I think the adhesive properties and heat tolerances of Don's deadener are a little better. Though I'll be honest that I've never had problems with the second skin stuff either; that stuff doesn't let go!

One thing I can say FOR CERTAIN is that Don's foam is better. It wont squash quite like overkill will. I had used some overkill in my car and it squashed dead flat after a while. The nitrite foam Don sells is way better in terms of returning to original size.

PS: I had bought a gallon of spectrum for the IS300 as well when I was doing that car. I don't think it made much difference at all.

17. Nov 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Checkout Elemental Designs....

1. eDead 45, 80 or 120 -tickness (you can buy as much as you want).
    2. eDead Teklite.

I searched and read as much as possible and compared everything out there, in the end it was price. I did it my self and did all 4 doors and the rear seat wall. I spent around $80 for all the material both the eDead 80 and eDead Teklite.

I am happy with my setup.

AVIC-D3
    CDT Audio 6.5 upfront
    2 10" Image Dynamics behind the seats
    2 Alpine Amps (450 & 800)

18. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:23 AM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    ^I'd love to hear your setup one day man. Is there a DFW taco get together anytime soon? I'm starting to deaden tonight :)

19. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:35 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    What does deadener do?

I put 4 aftermarket speakers in my doors with the stock head unit. The lows are not real clean...like they vibrate EVERYTHING. Would deadener clean that up? I would only do the doors.

It vibrates my door panels to the point where I sometimes do not allow my knee to rest against the door panel because it transfers the vibes into my bones.

20. Nov 4, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    Deadener kills the vibrations transferred through the vehicle so yes, it would certainly help your situation.

Products Discussed in

To Top