1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dynolock Install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rb11701, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Sep 26, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 [OP] Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Just finished up with the install of my Dynolock. After reading some threads on here about the install I can say it went pretty smooth. I used the plug under the passenger's side and went into the kick plate on the passenger side. Blue/black and Blue/Pink were easily found. Total time was like 1.5 hours. Not bad. I needed to crimp the wire clamps harder to get the connection made in the kick panel/ After that, everything worked. I had zero issues with any kind of clearance and/or tabs. Could be a got a newer version that had all those kinks worked out. Fit right it. tighten down and worked great.

Overall, I am very happy with the lock. Seems strong enough to deter theives. The handle on the tailgate will break before the gate actually opens I feel. Two things I do not like. (1) is that the wire shows going from the tailgate to under the bumber. There is that 1" space between the gate and the bumber and the wire can be seen. No that big of a deal, but the install is not 100% invisible. I was thinking that if I use the grommet that came with the kit (the one that you would use if you drilled into the floor) and drill a hole next to where the camera wires go through. Pop in the grommet and feed the wires that way. (2) no quick disconnect if I ever needed to take the gate off. Never have taken a gate off in 15 years of owning trucks, but you never just know.

I am going to look into some weatherproof plug. And if I can, I want to install that where I was think of drilling the hole. That way, I could just unplug it same as the camera. Gotta look around for some ideas.

I am happy and feel safe now. I am going to add the hose clamp as well for extra protection.

Products Discussed in

To Top