1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

e brake stuck?!?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Eman5pt0, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Aug 8, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    This happened to me once while wheeling. I forgot the e-brake on while getting pulled out, and it wouldn't let go after I let the pedal up. I just had to floor it and it broke loose.

2. Aug 8, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    PhilipRoth

PhilipRoth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Az
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    King shocks!
    Dude your making it way more complicated than it needs to be. Its happened to me before and all you gotta do i pump your ebrake pedal a good 5 times...See if that disengages and if not, do the same again

3. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    [​IMG]

4. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2023 F-150 Powerboost
    I think it's the crappy OEM brake shoes causing it. My rear brakes used to stick and squeal when moisture got in and not driving for a while. I got fed up and replaced the brake shoes with wagner thermo quiet and all of those problems are gone.

5. Aug 9, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    Eman5pt0

Eman5pt0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    NY
    so i brought it to the dealer and i told him the situation and he was baffled, he said he never heard something like that happening. anyway they were all booked up and i was hoping since i have a 100,000 mile warranty on the truck i could leave it and they would give me a courtesy car. but no he said they have to look at it before they determine if its covered, which pissed me off a bit but whatever. going to bring it back wednesday. i wont be driving it because im just stopping on the front brakes and i have no e brake. it wont even engage anymore soo idk. im sure something in the drum broke and when they see that it will be covered

6. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Yep..."never heard of something like that ever happening before" is the standard answer. Good luck and keep us posted on what ya find out...thanks

7. Aug 11, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    Eman5pt0

Eman5pt0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    NY
    ya lol .. i actually took it to where i bought it. bought it from my uncle and he moved to another toyota since i got the truck so i went to where he is currently working and he said sometime the e brake will get stuck on the trucks. and the people i delt with weren't dicks like the guy o spoke with the other day. so hopefully they handle it. they are working on it now so hopefully i hear something back by the end of the day

Products Discussed in

To Top