1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

E85?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HMA, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jul 20, 2015 at 9:39 PM
    rodriro

rodriro New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Los Gatos
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco DBL Cab w/Tow and JBL
    Stock
    In the PUMP doc I really like how Ford's automobile was always a flex flue vehicle until Rockefeller hated on him by imposing prohibition to kill off his alcohol ran cars. Also pikes peak, they only use methanol which burns very clean and you don't have worry about the car igniting and bursting into flames. Finally I cannot stand how our government has us by the balls, we have the right to use alternative fuels. 2008 is a reminder, its not about going green or politics its our choice to live in a fuel democracy where we are not dependent on oil as much because it will always be there...

2. Jul 21, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    Dakota Red

Dakota Red Well-Known Member

Member:
    This reminds me. I looked at a 2012 DCSB Sport the other day that had a flex fuel badge on the tailgate. I have never seen that. Anyone?

3. Sep 6, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    kenth123

kenth123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenth
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 Texas Edition
    Pro Comp 6" Lift with front coilovers and rear prorunner socks
    What is everybody's problem right? I mean, the government does have us by our balls and I like how some people are like, don't do it, worse idea ever. I mean, do you think had Elon Musk listened to people like that who did told him it wasn't possible, invented the electric car and started his own space program? You guys here are stupid. I respect you all as fellow Tacoma owners, but damn you guys are stupid and close minded. Why not instead of saying all the things why not to use E85, come up with ideas on how to overcome it. Like rodriro said, watch the documentary Pump on Netflix, and don't say you're dumb for listening or watching that. Look at the facts, ride with the facts, improve what already is, ad don't say "if it isn't broke don't fix it". We are humans and our greatest talent is improvement, advancement, and the ability to overcome things by solving them as problems. More confidence people. Care for the planet, the only one we currently have. The combustion engine is almost 100 or more years old. Time for the next thing. E85 is simply a stepping stone and a starting way.

4. Sep 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM
    thewarriordinghy

thewarriordinghy General Lee's Titan

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan 4x4
    Temporarily Stock
    A fellow surveyor.... I'm with precision planning, who are you with?

5. Sep 6, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    DEMikey

DEMikey Mr. Badwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    mikey
    delaware
    Vehicle:
    2013 red taco
    100XR, OTW Surf Rod Rack, Toytec 3" lift, +1 on tires
    A while ago on honda tech, lots of people were Converting to E85. Lots of carnage, plus, NONE of the stations around here have consistent e85 per testers used. I avoid the crap like the plague. I hate E10. Bring MTBE back!

6. Sep 6, 2015 at 6:48 AM
    Mavrick

Mavrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSBOR
    I don't believe E85 is the answer to our energy needs but am also honest enough to admit I am no expert on it. From what I understand is that it takes a HUGE amount of corn to produce very little alcohol compared to suger cane or (I forget the name) The BTU's from alcohol is less than gas and will reduce your mpg and horsepower as well and the components in your fuel system have to be designed for this type of fuel. While it is cheaper at the pump your tax dollars are subsidizing this, if not you would laugh at the price/gallon. I can see the desire to use E85 at the price it currently is and why not since you've already paid for it with your tax dollars but the other negatives are telling me no. I'm having a really hard time to find enough reason to use it even if I had a Ford that was designed for it.

7. Sep 6, 2015 at 7:58 AM
    DEMikey

DEMikey Mr. Badwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    mikey
    delaware
    Vehicle:
    2013 red taco
    100XR, OTW Surf Rod Rack, Toytec 3" lift, +1 on tires
    You nailed it too. Sugar beet are where it's at. But iirc they have to be imported from South America.

I have been slinging carbs on all my small engine stuff because of the corn. I loathe it. And I'm super paranoid of getting an outboard because of it.

8. Sep 6, 2015 at 12:29 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []

Products Discussed in

To Top