1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eclipse Audio

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by perdjo, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Jan 20, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    perdjo

perdjo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Eclipse makes good equipment and that is a good thing cause if you ever have a problem with it you are in deep trouble. I purchased an AVN 5495 nav unit. A fine piece of equipment. problem is there is a firmware problem that requires that the unit be removed from the vehicle and sent to Eclipse in order to update the map info, EVERYTIME you want to upgrade your maps. This process also wipes out all of the music that you have stored on the hard drive.

I called Eclipse to see what they would do about a discount on a new unit or some sort of win-win compensation. Everyone at Eclipse was sympathetic and understanding until the issue got to upper managment who took the position that they DESIGNED the unit that way from the get go so that you would AAlways have to pull the unit send it to California and loose all of you music files everytime you upgrade map data, therefore there is no problem with the unit and they will not consider anything except selling me a new unit at full price. Needless to say I advise everyone who reads this to avoid Eclipse at all costs.

2. Jan 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    311offroad

311offroad Stock Taco For Now

Member:
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OffRoad SR5 4x4 Short Bed Debadged
    20% tint, Debadged, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, Infinity component door speakers, MagLite mod
    When I was into big stereos and such I bought ALL Eclipse audio...Never had a single problem though so I can't comment on their customer service... sorry you didn't have a good experience.

Products Discussed in

To Top