1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eclipse AVN-6620

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RacingRosey, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Apr 8, 2008 at 6:42 AM
    RacingRosey

RacingRosey [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
    I've had my truck for 4 days now... I can't beleive it took me this long to figure out what head unit to go with. I ended up going with the Eclipse unit mostly because of the overall look of the unit. I've been on the fence about going with Kenwood. I've had 3 Kenwood headunit failures in the past 4 years. 2 of which were their excelon line. We'll see how the Eclipse does :) Crutchfield will have it to me by Friday, which means I'll have a picture or 3 to post of the install on saturday.

Is anyone else using this unit? I'm hoping that the nav functions can be changed while driving - or maybe the ebrake wire to ground would eliminate that very annoying feature.

-Eric

2. Apr 8, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    Black Bear

Black Bear Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SR5
    What other units were you considering. I checked out the Alpine IVA-W205, then was swayed over to Kenwoods 7100 and 8120. But lately the Eclispe has caught my attention. Is it hard drive nav or CD? I like to know if your can alter the lights to match the interior lights your tk

3. Apr 8, 2008 at 10:16 AM
    RacingRosey

Member:
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
    I was considering all the ones you were as well.

If it wasn't for my recent bad streak from Kenwood, I'd have gone with them again. I don't think any of the others can match Garmin's Navigation.

The Eclipse unit is DVD based, however the unit has 2 DVD drives, one for Nav, and one for everything else. I really like the overall look of the Eclipse unit. I'm going on a little trip this weekend, it'll get a good workout, and I'll post what I think about it. I don't know about the lights.. I would like them to match as well.

4. Apr 11, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    RacingRosey

Member:
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
    It's in :) Took about 2 hours this morning. Pretty easy in the whole scheme of things. My silver dash kit hasn't come in yet, so I used the Crutchfield suplied kit for now. Tapping into the VSS and Reverse wires were a snap - thanks to this ink that someone else had already posted: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138609

It's got a lot of features, and a lot of screens, with lot's of buttons - and a 120page owners manual.

Products Discussed in

To Top