1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eclipse AVN726E worth anything?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by manhster, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Feb 18, 2017 at 9:56 AM
    manhster

manhster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Grey Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Hey, I'm looking for a head unit that works with my phone. New owner of 2011 and original owner had the factory install an Eclipse AVN726E. Is there anyone out there who would like this head unit? I would entertain any offers, just pm me.

IMAG0441.jpg

kapkau likes this.
  2. Feb 20, 2017 at 1:24 PM
    Snwghst

Snwghst Well-Known Member

Member:
    make sure you get the disc they set up as security

I had an eclipse unit and required a specific CD to reactivate after power loss. Owner choice

Its their theft deterrent

3. Feb 20, 2017 at 2:07 PM
    manhster

manhster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Grey Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Where would I get that cd? the manufacture still hasn't responded over a month

4. Feb 20, 2017 at 3:24 PM
    Snwghst

Snwghst Well-Known Member

Member:
    From the person you bought the truck from that installed it. They can just tell you which it was, if they even did set it up. I used a Frank Zappa CD

Manufacturer won't know what it is. An authorized dealer may have access to a reset with bill of sale

5. Jul 22, 2017 at 12:20 AM
    FuckThatYo

FuckThatYo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Vehicle:
    2011 BRABUS smart fortwo
    KW Variant 2 coilovers Vertical Door Kit Stage 2 ECU remap by Smart Madness Madness Go Pedal Throttle Module 4x17" BRABUS Monoblock VII Wheels Sila Silicone Intake Hose Sila Performance Intake Stock Output: 101hp/108lb-ft Post-Modification: 126hp/135lb-ft Admittedly average output, until the vehicle weight of 1653lbs is considered. This vehicle regularly embarrasses tuned Civics, stock Mustangs, and even Camaros. And really, is there anything more humiliating than getting your ass handed to you by the 999cc normally-aspirated three-cylinder you and you friends were just laughing, and cracking jokes about? It makes for a much more somber bunch at the next red light...
    Eclipse parent company, Fujistsu Ten discontinued the Eclipse brand in 2011, and ceased to exist as a company completely in 2015.

So... Odds of you receiving an answer from their non-existent customer service department are pretty slim.

I also own a 726e, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The powerful 5v output, combined with the outstanding quality build of this unit makes it almost irreplaceable by any of today's products. You'll search long and hard before you'll ever find a head unit that sounds better, or is as solid.

I'd recommend you keep it... Yes, it's worth something.
    About $450USD. Pretty good for a seven year old piece of electronics.

Tatts521 likes this.
  6. Jul 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM
    atomic_slayer

atomic_slayer New Member

Member:
    Have you updated the system and navigation?

7. Jul 23, 2017 at 4:43 AM
    mbrogz3000

mbrogz3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    Eclipse used to be one of the best.. but Fujitsu let go of the brand and got out of car audio. They had really nice CD players, true preamp voltage output (which is lied about in specs today), and just a high quality build overall. I had one of their CDE units with the tilting faceplate...it was a great sounding source unit.

I'll just echo the comment above about the ESN security disc...the pervious owner will have either needed to unlock the unit with his disc, or he would have needed to give you the disc for you to unlock the unit.

If you either disconnect the truck battery or remove the Eclispe unit, the head unit will become locked out by ESN and no one will be able to use it...unless the security disc is inserted.

Products Discussed in

To Top