1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Economy solution (hypothetical)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DanGer, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Mar 20, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    DanGer

DanGer [OP] Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    For anyone who likes reading a good political thriller (not partisan, just a hypothetical scenario). I HIGHLY sugggest reading Term Limits by Vince Flynn. I love his work and this one is VERY relevant in todays economy, even though it was written in 1997.

From Amazon

2. Mar 21, 2009 at 6:32 AM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    yeah.. I sure as hell don't want my congressman in there for more than ONE term. He is a freaking idiot.

I had to responde to an email from him:
    Sharrod Brown,
    First of all read your emails before you respond! You are an amazingly huge idiot if your respond to a male using "MISS SIMON"!!!!! Try reading the emails and looking at different views rather than following the blind in washington and going with the flow. For you to fly in and sign a bill you never read was the most irresponsible thing you have ever done in your LIFE!!! This AIG mess is not AIG's fault but YOURS!!! for not reading the bill before you signed it!!!! DO YOU JOB!

Also, if you support a budget that will put us in a position to borrow an additional $9 TRILLION you are an even bigger foul. You are destroying an economy by borrowing money we can't pay back.

How about everyone in congress get taxed 90% for all of their screwups since January.

STOP BAILOUTS NOW!!!!

P.S. I bet I will get another one of your canned responses!

His original email:
    Dear Miss Simon:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about legislation to promote economic recovery. I have heard from many Ohioans sharing their ideas for how to best stimulate the economy and which proposals they believe should or should not have been included in this legislation. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

Last year the economy shed 2.5 million jobs. We now face the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. The federal government has acted to restore confidence in our economy, create jobs, and rebuild our nation’s aging infrastructure. From shrinking retirement funds to high unemployment rates to stagnant wages, Ohioans are facing tremendous economic hardship.

Congress's approach to this economic crisis, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, was designed to be timely, targeted, and temporary. This comprehensive legislation passed in the Senate with my support on February 13, 2009.

One of the fastest and most effective ways to assist Americans in desperate need was to increase funding for safety net programs, such as those for energy assistance, health care, and nutrition. It was also crucial to provide states with the help they need to continue providing necessary services.

Another important step taken was to invest in our nation’s infrastructure. Studies indicate that not only do these projects create jobs, but every dollar spent on infrastructure adds $1.59 to our economy. Infrastructure projects that improve our roads and water systems and invest in alternative energy and mass transit projects not only help rebuild our state, but promote much needed economic growth. I worked hard to ensure these funds were targeted to states like Ohio that have been hardest hit by this economic downturn.

If you wish to learn more about various aspects of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, please visit the Administration's website at http://www.recovery.gov. Additionally, my website targeted to Ohioans -- http://brown.senate.gov/issues_and_agenda/issues/stimulus/ -- provides useful information about the tax cuts included in the legislation, as well as assistance on how to apply for funding and federal grants.

I appreciate your inquiries about whether I have read every word of this bill. While I have studied every major section of the bill, I have not read every word of it. Because members of Congress have a solemn obligation to meet with constituents, travel in the state, and work on emerging issues affecting Ohioans and the nation as a whole, we rely on staff members to assist us in poring through legislation as extensive and comprehensive as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. I am fortunate to have an excellent staff who served as my trusted counsels on this critical piece of legislation.

As the Senate considers further measures to rebuild our economy, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch with me.

Sincerely,
    Sherrod Brown

3. Mar 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    DanGer

DanGer [OP] Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    i hate politics nowadays. why I like the book all the more :)

Products Discussed in

To Top