1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Educate me on bankin it on the ocean

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by takern, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dec 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    takern

takern [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    I just moved to Pensacola and figure I aught to try some saltwater fishing, but I don't know anything about it. What are some fish I can expect to catch from the shore? Which ones are worth eating? What about lures? Will I be able to use my bass lures in the ocean with any luck?

Also, how do you care for your rods and reels with all the salt water? Would just spraying it down with a hose and pulling it apart to let it dry be sufficient?

2. Dec 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Tune PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black YotaWerx Tune
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    Fishing in Florida you better have a fish thesaurus with you, many different species you can catch there. Your bass lures will probably work to some success but ask some local anglers and bait stores they will point you in the right direction. As for your rods and reels, hose them off with fresh water after every usage then at least once or twice a year give your reels a tune up ( dismantle, clean, oil and regrease bearings ) .

3. Dec 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Yep, the beauty of fishing the salt in Florida is you never know what you might be pulling up! There are so many species that get pulled up on the Gulf Stream, they just get caught in the current and scatter all over the Florida. You will see a lot less of it in Pensacola, but you will still see some of it.

Products Discussed in

To Top