1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electric Boat Project -need input and ideas

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by hookedontronics, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    So here is the deal my girlfriend has a camp on a private lake and only electric motors are allowed. There are a few pontoon boats out there that have 3 or so electric trolling motors on them to putt around the lake. I want to pack a large electric motor (like an old gm ev motor or a similar car sized motor) into a small bowrider (16 or so foot) inboard/outboard and be able to pull a skier. My first thought was electric jetboat but jet props are banned on that lake. Basically i just want a cool boat that'll esentially piss people off because it's electric and a loophole in the bylaws. It won't last long before the bylaws get changed and it's made illegal but it'll be fun for however long it lasts.

Projects are nothing new to me, i like to work outside the box and i'm the kind of guy that if you tell me it can't be done i'll just prove you wrong. In college i was involved in a project for 3 years where we build a turbo diesel snowmobile. More recently i rebuild a wrecked honda s2000 last winter as my project.

So who has any thoughts on how i could accomplish this?

Ideas and thoughts are all welcomed!

2. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top