1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

electrical issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rufuss11, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM
    rufuss11

rufuss11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double cab Offroad
    5100's set at 1.75, aero turbine
    Yesterday I experienced some problems. It started out after getting gas, I filled up and then went to start the truck, turned the ignition and nothing happened then tried it again right away and it fired right up. After it started up i noticed the clock was off by 6 hours when it was the right time before this happened.
    Then night came around and I then noticed that the headlight seem to cut out when i hit the brakes and one time i even noticed that the speedo droped from 40mph down to 0mph for a split second. I checked the battery and everything is tight so I don't really know what it could be.

Truck info:
    2010 Double Cab offroad
    31,000 miles

2. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That sounds like a grounding issue somewhere- Have you had any new electrical systems installed??

-or-

Still inside warranty- Let them look at it??

3. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    rufuss11

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double cab Offroad
    I haven't had anything new with the electrical. I did have it in for an oil change and an alignment a couple days ago

4. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    myth01

myth01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    eclipse nav.-w/ Bluetooth & iPod 3'' revtech add a leaf lift kit snug top ss truck cap dive tank racks in back Aux fuse box Aux back up lights, w/ interior fj cruiser stock switch Back up cam Turn signal cams Interior inverter -switched Aux audio/video inputs -RCA (including iPhone cable)w/ 4 input switch Mag light mount Tyredog stand alone tpms Spare tire extension hose Avid off road light bar(powder coated)
    Check the ground strap on the engine to frame

5. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    myth01

myth01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    eclipse nav.-w/ Bluetooth & iPod 3'' revtech add a leaf lift kit snug top ss truck cap dive tank racks in back Aux fuse box Aux back up lights, w/ interior fj cruiser stock switch Back up cam Turn signal cams Interior inverter -switched Aux audio/video inputs -RCA (including iPhone cable)w/ 4 input switch Mag light mount Tyredog stand alone tpms Spare tire extension hose Avid off road light bar(powder coated)
    Also check the tightness of the negative battery cable to its point of connection

6. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    rufuss11

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double cab Offroad
    the negative battery cable is tight

7. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    x2 on having the dealer look at it.

8. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    arkansasman5

arkansasman5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I had an issue where I had to turn the key twice to get it to start. It was a constant problem and not intermittent like yours. I had to get the alternator replaced. If your clock reset though, It sounds like its because you lost continuity with your battery. Maybe there is a short around there?

Products Discussed in

To Top