1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electricity is magic and I am scared: how to add multiple independent circuits?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ardrummer292, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Jul 11, 2020 at 7:01 PM
    ardrummer292

ardrummer292 [OP] 500k or bust

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB V6 A/T 4x4 1D6
    Overbuilt daily driver
    In an abundance of 6P planning, I'm really digging into my 2015 DCLB's build sheet to make sure I'm not missing anything. I noticed one major oversight: I haven't selected a way to wire up the lights and other fancy electronics that will eventually festoon my rig.

I'd like a separate switch for bed lights, left scene lights, right scene lights, cell signal booster, air compressor, master 12V outlet on/off, and a "disable ABS" simulated fuse-pull (if possible). That's a lot of switches, certainly more than I have space for.

I have looked at various aftermarket switch panels to add some "real estate." The Meso 2nd gen overhead panel looks neat, but I don't especially like the placement. The SwitchPro caught my eye, since it looks like an all-in-one integrated solution that could consolidate all my new circuits (and maybe some existing ones) into a tidy package. If I'm lucky, I might be able to mount it in place of the 3 large switches on the left side of my steering wheel, making it look *nearly* factory. That will, of course, depend on me wiring the factory switches to work with the SwitchPro.

Here's the problem. I know nothing about electronics at all. I can change the batteries in my TV remote, but that's about it. This means I'd like to opt for the simplest, most foolproof plug-and-play installation option possible. Which would be... what? I'm happy to hear any suggestions or experience you'd like to share.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Tacospike likes this.
  2. Sep 6, 2020 at 6:28 AM
    Truky!

Truky! Well-Known Member

Member:
    Satellite Beach FL
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Offroad
    Bump for you, I feel the same way

ardrummer292[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 6, 2020 at 8:08 AM
    ardrummer292

ardrummer292 [OP] 500k or bust

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB V6 A/T 4x4 1D6
    Overbuilt daily driver
    I decided on a SwitchPro. I can route all nonessential electronics through it, effectively isolating aftermarket stuff from the onboard systems. It's one of the more expensive options out there, but the form factor and ease of install are tough to beat.

Products Discussed in

To Top