1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eliminator X-Trail A/T

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Northern Taco, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Sep 16, 2021 at 3:32 AM
    Northern Taco

Northern Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma trd off road premium 2023 tundra trd off road
  2. Sep 16, 2021 at 5:50 AM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Motomaster tires are for people who think vehicles are just vehicles, and they stand at the service desk describing noises they make, then suggest maybe it’s the alternator….

Don’t do it. Buy good tires.

bzzr2 likes this.
  3. Sep 16, 2021 at 11:07 AM
    Northern Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I believe they’re made by cooper, I had a winter set of motomaster tires after my frame was replaced and they were great. Are you speaking from personal experience or just making statements?

4. Sep 16, 2021 at 6:38 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Personal experience but dated. And I tried the Cooper atw that Canadian tire carries now, a few years back and was really unimpressed.

5. Sep 16, 2021 at 6:49 PM
    Bishop84

Bishop84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Basically motormaster tires are crap, but these new tires are much better as the cooper association has really brought up the quality.

I am running motomaster at3's right now on my xterra and so far they've been just as good as my duratracs on and offroad. I run winters so I wanted a cheap all terrain. I paid 600$ for 10 plys.

These look closer to Duratrac/Falken/Toyo AT3's design, probably much quieter and they have snow peak rating.

I'd be interested in how these perform.

6. Sep 16, 2021 at 6:59 PM
    Northern Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I’m interested as well. After 3 years my ko2’s have gotten hard for winter use/traction. I missed out on a discontinued set of motomaster winter’s in lower range E for $110-$120 per tire!

7. Sep 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM
    Bishop84

Bishop84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The problem with year round tires is only the first 20% is good on winter, BFG's are known for this. Super impressive first year, then crap all years after.

These are priced near BFG prices so I'd hope they perform ok in the cold, but I don't think I'd rely on them for all four seasons here in Alberta.

8. Sep 16, 2021 at 7:11 PM
    Northern Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    They are 25% off starting Friday.

I use to always run 2 sets of wheels/tires but started running ko2’s since 2016 on my 4runner year round and have been mostly happy. The thing is you can sell ko2’s with half tread for a decent price after a few years and get a new set for about $600. Choices

Bishop84[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Oct 8, 2021 at 9:59 PM
    thetoque

thetoque New Member

Member:
    I've had the last two iterations of Motomaster's AT tires, the Total Terrain AT2 and the AT3.
    Had them on an Xterra, drove about 90-10 highway-forestry roads.

The AT2s were unsuitable for anything apart from gravel roads. Only bought them because they were cheap and I was desperate. They were dead within a year, and I ended up getting a warranty exchange (price difference upcharge) to go to the AT3s. The AT3s were a bit better, but horribly puncture-prone and absolutely would never balance. Clearly a quality control issue. Gave up on them before treadwear was even halfway. You can't sell used Motomasters. Can't even trade them for a used mattress.

On both those sets, I was left realizing that I would have been sooooo much better off spending another $150-200 and getting a better tire. Avoiding one flat would have made it worth it. Avoiding 2-3-4-5 flats? Priceless.
    Eventually went with some Yokohama AT tires that are simply superior in every way except bleeding 5 pounds of air each month.

These new Motomasters caught my eye because the tread looks far more competent than their past AT tires. However, my gut and my experience tells me they will just be another compromise and serve up more disappointment. I'm not going to be sucked in by some cheap side-wall molding. I'll be spending the extra few bucks for something I can trust, or at least something with a decent reputation like a Grabber.

Haun0002 likes this.
  10. Oct 23, 2021 at 5:40 AM
    Haun0002

Haun0002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD sport 6MT - MGM
    Does anyone know where you can find actual specs like tread depth and actual diameter?

11. Oct 31, 2021 at 9:45 AM
    CanadianTaco70

CanadianTaco70 New Member

Member:
    I've had three sets of the Total Terrain A/T3's and I've been impressed with the quality and tread life. Canadian Tire even gave me a free tire when I drove over a piece of steel and shredded the sidewall out. No questions asked, but they have to install them to get warranty. For the price, you can't go wrong.
    There's nothing I hate more than buying tires.....they all wear out too quickly for their price. And yes, they are made by Cooper. At least better than a no-name Chinese knockoff.
    I'm trying these X-trails next, without hesitation.

12. Jan 18, 2022 at 6:48 PM
    Crooked Beat

Crooked Beat Well-Known Member

Member:
    GTA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB SR
  13. Jan 18, 2022 at 7:08 PM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I ran the Canadian Tire only Goodyear Territory and they were better than the stock tires but the weren’t a good tire. Similar in that they’re just ultra low end for a brand name. If you don’t need to save money right now to end up replacing sooner than later why not try something modern like the Falken AT3W or the Toyo AT3?

Products Discussed in

To Top