1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Emissions question (California)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by surfsupl, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Jul 10, 2008 at 8:20 AM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    This has probably been asked an answered b4 but if I remove that secondary air filter (the little white round one in the tube) will I pass California emissions? I know its in their with rivets and you have to drill them out (I think?) if you have to put it back in to pass emissions how do you re-fasten it again? :confused:

2. Jul 10, 2008 at 9:44 AM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    It will have no effect on a tailpipe test, only if caught on a visual. Most states emissions testers from the few states I know about are not even trained on what to look for except converters missing or present, and are trained to give any strange aftermarket item a second look, but some states do probably do a thorough visual, but if or not to the point of looking into the filter housing, who knows? If they do check the filter housing, make sure they put the lid (upper housing) back on correctly, my 2.7 is kinda tricky getting both tabs on the rear of the housing into the slots.

Products Discussed in

To Top