1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine Compartment Lighting

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pster, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Sep 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    Pster

Pster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I don't want to bother with hard wiring an aftermarket under hood light. I was thinking of just putting one of those LED puck lights under the hood.....attached with neodymium magnet so it won't be going anywhere. However, I am worried about it holding up to the heat. Thoughts?

2. Sep 12, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    Fodder4U

Fodder4U Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    The Colony, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 Stock for now.
    I just use a 12v drop light that you clip the cable to the battery for power. They have a long cord so you can light up under the hood but it also allows you to take the light under the vehicle too. Most auto parts stores have them cheap.

3. Sep 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Excellent idea! I just don't like having to hold a flashlight....thanks for the idea Fodder!

4. Sep 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I got one of those LED headlamp things. They look ridiculous but the light is always where you're looking! So far I've found them to be very handy.

5. Sep 12, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Another good idea....I have one of those, but keep it in the house for snooping around the attic.......

Products Discussed in

To Top