1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine light codes p0300, p0303, p0171

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NIKE5ZOOM, May 26, 2015.

1. May 26, 2015 at 8:25 PM
    NIKE5ZOOM

NIKE5ZOOM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caden
    Dickinson, ND
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4
    So I have looked these codes up and have come to the conclusion that the front bank is running lean, I am having random misfires, and misfiring in cylinder 3.

Does anyone know the cause of this? I have 149,000 miles on the truck and today while sitting at a light, it began studdering and almost stalling without giving it some gas. I thought it would be a vacuum leak but after spraying carb cleaner all around the hoses with no success I sprayed the intake manifold thinking it may be the gasket. Still no success but I was unable to reach the entire area of the engine.

2. May 28, 2015 at 5:02 PM
    NIKE5ZOOM

NIKE5ZOOM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caden
    Dickinson, ND
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4
    It was the mass airflow sensor. Replaced that and problem solved.

3. May 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    mtucker

mtucker Tacoma addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Escondido, CA.
    Vehicle:
    03 Prerunner DC
    Replaced chrome badges with Sockmonkey black badges, painted billet grill black, K&N cold air intake, my corner light turn signal circuit, Speedfreek traction bars, RAAMaudio BXT/Ensolite, Stereo: Kenwood KIV-701 USB/Bluetooth deck, 10" Pioneer shallow sub behind the rear seat, Infinity 6822cf 6x8 front and rear doors, Fosgate P400-2 (sub), US Acoustics USX-4065 (four main speakers)
    Whenever I see p0171 on a 1st gen Tacoma, I think MAF sensor but since you were having the problem at idle I didn't think that was it. It seems like the most common symptom for MAF is stuttering at higher throttle/RPMs. Glad it took care of it.

Products Discussed in

To Top