1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ethos Fr

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by calyork2, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Mar 21, 2008 at 12:22 AM
    calyork2

calyork2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD-Off Road 4x2 Access Cab V6 Auto
  2. Mar 21, 2008 at 3:22 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Sweet. This is the second time I'm the first one here to proclaim something as Snake Oil!

There's nothing you're going to pour into your tank that will economicly improve your mileage.

3. Mar 21, 2008 at 5:15 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Here's quote from their site:

A Kia Optima is rated for 31 MPG highway. Doing the math this poor woman was supposedly getting 15 to 20 MPG???

Another great testamonial was from someone tho gave her father a bottle of the stuff and he added it just before going on a trip to California. He got great mileage on the highway trip.... Ooh! What a surprize!

The other thing that sets off my BS alarms is their special offer for gas certificates:

I've underlined the parts that make me sceptical. You can bet that following those instructions won't be that simple. Gas stations arn't in the habit of giving a 25% rebate on a product they MIGHT make a 5% margin on.

The two bottle package is only about the cost of 1 tank of gas at 53.95 plus shipping (You don't get the free shipping until you buy 3 bottles.) but I won't be trying it any time soon.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time but over the years I've seen way too many of these fuel enhancers come and go. If you do try it and carefully track your performance I would love the hear the results. :)

4. Mar 21, 2008 at 7:26 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i've hear adding a gallon of water to your gas tank will improve your mileage

Now see, part of me wants to put a disclaimer under my previous statement, but at the same time, if there is anyone stupid enough to add water to their gas to improve mileage, they kinda deserve the ruined engine. so i'm on the fence here....

5. Mar 21, 2008 at 7:31 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Last time I was a smart ass in one of these threads, I got negative rep. Oh well, fudge it!

Everyone knows you're not supposed to put straight water in the tank. It is supposed to be diluted with a half gallon of bleach. It has been said that your exhaust will smell like fresh laundry. Just lock yourself in the garage with it running and enjoy.

Also, if you're an idiot, don't try those things.

6. Mar 21, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Any time i get positive rep i am thankful, but if i get negative rep i reallly dont care. its not a big deal, somebody is gonna have a problem with what i say no matter waht so i dont care. but getting pos rep is cool when it happens

Products Discussed in

To Top