1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

exhaust leak and gaskets advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mb_edgar, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Feb 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    I've had my exhaust system for a good amount of time now and I enjoy it but it has one problem. Exhaust leaks it has had 3 or more of them in the time I've had it. But its not at the welds its the gaskets.

The setup I have I removed the rear 2 cats still using original parts for easy install and removal of the cats when needed. The added heat from the engine after removing the two cats burn up my gaskets. I was hoping someone out there has some advice or know of any high temp gaskets I can purchase.

Thanks guys

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    MushyB

MushyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA/CT
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco TRD Off-Road
    uhhhh.... it was to my understanding that your cats increased your exhaust temperature (inside the cats, and after). i feel that with the more free flow in your exhaust that would decrease your exhaust temp. maybe someone could chime in and explain to me if and why i am wrong. If i'm not wrong, then i could only assume it's when you remove the pipes from the brittle gaskets from being heated and cooled down so much, that the gaskets are weakened and deteriorate quicker?

Products Discussed in

To Top