1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

exhaust manifold swap with 4runner?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by metz2112, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    metz2112

metz2112 [OP] Member

Member:
    My exhaust manifold is cracked...in half.

The local junkyard has no tacomas (of course not!)
    but they do have 4 4Runners.

My truck is a 1996 Tacoma 2.4L.

My question is which 4Runner exhaust manifolds would I be able to just bolt right on without any problems?

They have 3 2nd Gen 4Runners (a 1991, 1994, and 1995) not sure the size of the engines though cause I haven't been to the junkyard yet.
    They also have 1 3rd Gen 4Runner (1996).

Can I just swap out the exhaust manifold from any of them? I'd love it if I could get the mini-header version and have that bolt right on no problem. It looks like the 1995 and older wouldn't work, and the 1996 might (but this is just from looking at online pictures).

On the other hand, does anyone know of a cheap place online to buy a new part where the exhaust manifold (and maybe mini-header type) would cost me <$100 with all the gaskets, or is that just asking too much?

I'd love to be driving my truck around, and actually need it soon to move some stuff around- but with my cracked exhaust manifold turning into a now cracked in half exhaust manifold, I need to fix it first.

Thank you very much in advance!

To Top