1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Extang Platinum Tonneau, any good?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Railwayrog, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Apr 6, 2008 at 7:48 AM
    Railwayrog

Railwayrog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dammeron Valley, UT
    Vehicle:
    2019 DC 4x4 Off Road
    Anyone got any experience with the [FONT=&quot]Extang Platinum tonneau roll up cover?
    I need a roll up type cover cause I transport my dirt bike in the bed. It has stainless snaps to hold the cover down. Extang claims the cover works well in the cold, I'm in New York where it gets cold so it's a concern.
    I'm open to other recommendations.
    Thanx,
    Roger
    [/FONT]

2. Apr 6, 2008 at 8:33 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I have no personal experience with the Platinum, but I have had an Extang "fulltilt" on my truck for a year, and I love it. I had a Sportmaster hinged soft tonneau on my 04 before I got my 07, and I really prefer the extang cover.

As for cold, I am in Jersey, and while we didn't get that much of a winter this year, I have no complaints. The Extang snaps have two positions, as well as the bows have two positions, so even if you un-roll it, and it's cold, you can flip the snaps and drop the bows and get it back on.

The fulltilt is hinged at the cab and on gas shocks, so it will tilt up, for ease of access to the bed, and can be removed intact, so you don't have to worry about temperature (what I usually do if I need to move something large), or on the rare occasion that I happen to go to home depot and still have the cover on, it takes maybe 5 minutes to un-roll and store. It's raining today, but I'll take some pictures tomorrow if you'd like.

3. Jun 9, 2008 at 2:13 AM
    in2wks

in2wks Member

Member:
    forty fort pa
    Vehicle:
    o7 trd sport
    yakima rack with basket.....surf rod holder attached to basket....k&n filter......bed cover...cb radio.....
    mine works very well.........i have no problems with it at all

Products Discussed in

To Top