1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Extang revolution cover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pittsburgh_matt, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Oct 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    pittsburgh_matt

pittsburgh_matt [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Hi, I just bought a 2010 tacoma last week and I love it. First brand new truck of my life. I wanted to know if anybody knows if the extang revolution bed cover will work on the 2010 tacoma? It is such a nice cover, I saw it in person this weekend and works and looks really cool. I just want to know if it will interfere with the track system in the bed. Does anybody know? Or does anybody have any suggestion for a different cover that is not super expensive?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM
    yhiki

yhiki Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    I have the Extang Trifecta on an 09. It does not interfere with the track system. I like the fold rather than roal up and seems more secure when closed. The price should be about the same.

3. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    the revolution is about $200(canadian) more than the trifecta... which makes no sense to me considering the revolution is a roll up and the trifecta is a framed tri-fold. personally i'm going with the trifecta because it mounts to the factory bedrails, whereas with the revolution you have to install tracks.

4. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:21 AM
    Agent7

Agent7 Senior Executive of Nothing.

Member:
    Toronto, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6spd
    BHLM, Stubby Antenna, Custom Front Grill, Debaged Tailgate, Added TRD Emblem, Removed Factory Pinstripes, Leer 100XL Cap, Prolumen 6000K HID Kit with custom glare shields, Eurolite Yellow fog lights, 20" Fast Hustler wheels (black w/3" deepdish polished lip), Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20's, Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers, Custom LED Gauges, Pioneer AVIC F700BT All-In-One Indash Navigation (Hacked)
    The revolution is awesome... I had it for about 6 months on my truck before getting my shell. It is awesome looking with a low profile, but yes it does effect the bed rail system. You won't be able to use the adjustable clips... they sit slightly to high. Your best option is to add the extra "d" rings in the back of the bed if your looking for more securing points. Yes the cover is quite a bit more than the other extang covers but if you go see them in person you'll realize why. It has 3 seals along the rail systems which keep it tight from the elements. It has adjustable tensioners that you can adjust to keep it tight over the years so it doesn't get sloppy like a $2 whore's vagina. The spines are spaced tightly (12" or less apart) which each have their own knotch to lock into giving you more security (cause you can't lift the side of the cover to take a peek in). I was using mine in conjuction with the pop n lock system and it made for a secure eclosure. If I didn't absolutely need my shell I would have kept the revolution...

5. Nov 2, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    pittsburgh_matt

pittsburgh_matt [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    thanks for the info guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top