1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fabtech 2.5 dirt logic coilovers (0-3.5" lift)

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ibengineer, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    ibengineer

ibengineer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Dirt Logic 2.5" Coilovers, Camburg UCA's, Icon 3 Leaf add-a-pack, billy 5100's in the rear, Custom front Plate bumper, XRC 8500 lb winch, lots of little mods
    Hey all - just got my new fab tech coil overs and camburg uca's put on today. I have the fabs set at 2.75" (measuring the thread showing) and it really seems to me that I am sitting higher than I was before (on a 3" revtek lift). The guys who put this stuff on for me (I chickened out of doing it myself b/c you have to press in the ball joints on the camburg uca's) told me that it will settle a bit over the next few days, and that it "should" be fine.

I am now clearing my 33x10.5 km2's with ease - which worries me (they rubbed slightly with the revtek). Any ideas? should I just lower these coils down a bit, or should I wait to see if they settle?

2. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 Auto Trans With Lots of Mods King ET Coilovers Camburg Uniball UCAs Alcan 8-Leaf Rear Spring Packs Fox 2.0 Resi Rear Shocks FrankenFab Rear Shock Relocate Trail Gear U-bolt Flip Toytec 1" Extended Shackle 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker OBA ARB Twin Comp 15x8 D Window Steelies 33" BFG KM2s Limited Edition Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch PIAA 510 SMR Fog Lights Lightforce 170s Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Whynter 65 qt. Fridge/Freezer CVT Mt Bachelor RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack GM 140 amp alternator Optima Yellow Top battery Magnaflow 18" Muffler Braided Steel Brake Lines AFE Pro Dry S air filter ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    Are the ribs of your CV axle boots rubbing against each other, or even touching? Post a pic from the front that shows the axles. Too great of an axle angle could spell trouble for the boots.

To Top