1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory Bluetooth in access cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Casey M, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM
    Casey M

Casey M [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Edmonton, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Access Cab TRD Off Road
    I just pulled the trigger on an awesome 09 access with the hood scoop. Double cab owner didn't want it. My dealer tells me you can"t put the factory bluetooth in an access cab only double. Anyone out there that can tell me different?

2. Oct 31, 2009 at 4:01 AM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    I've asked about this for my Access Cab, and it can be done. The only thing they said would be different than if it was factory installed, would be that it would not have the steering wheel controls and would have a mic mounted in the cab.

Apparently on the factory install the mic is in the mirror and if you don't have the factory install you get a different mirror.

In place of the steering wheel control you get a button mounted in one of you switch slots.

3. Oct 31, 2009 at 4:29 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    +1. I looked into this a while back. They can only add the Blu Logic kit to our AC's. I am going either with that or a Parrot system. THe only thing I don't like about the Blu Logic is that there is no way to see who is calling other than looking at your phone. Parrot makes some kits that have a IR remote that clips to the wheel. Pretty small footprint on the wheel. They also have LED screens to show who is calling and stuff. They install between the HU and the factory harneuss like the Blu Logic.

4. Oct 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    For what you'll probably pay it's probably cheaper to get an aftermarket HU with BT.

Products Discussed in

To Top