1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory JBL Drauma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Westside Medic, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    Westside Medic

Westside Medic [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    DRLM, DFLM, hid 8000k HL, bed extender, 16" moto metal 951 black and chrome , 285/75/16 bfg allterrain, Set of 5100's front set at 2.5", Tsb Rear leaf with 2" block , Jensen 7.5" flip up CD / DVD with iPhone hook up , in channel rain guards and husky floor mats, low profile black tool box, cool blue led interior dome and map lights, XM radio, Rearview camera in rear tag, Ham radio Kenwood TMV 708-A, 6 Whelen hideaway strobes and Whelen slimlighter in back window..Blacked out Badges.. Tinted tail lights and 3rd break light..
    How can I get my door speakers to work when I unplug my factory amp in my 07 DC JBL system..The sub sounds pathetic and i was wanting to take out the factory system and replace it with something else..

2. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    I tried piecing it out. I replaced the deck, and fronts only. Everything still going through the jbl sub. That was a couple weeks ago. On thursday my truck goes back in for a full day of new amp, new subs, and new front speaks/current fronts moving to rears. I hate to say it, but that amp just blows. Just go for it, you'll be happy you did.

3. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    Westside Medic

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    DRLM, DFLM, hid 8000k HL, bed extender, 16" moto metal 951 black and chrome , 285/75/16 bfg allterrain, Set of 5100's front set at 2.5", Tsb Rear leaf with 2" block , Jensen 7.5" flip up CD / DVD with iPhone hook up , in channel rain guards and husky floor mats, low profile black tool box, cool blue led interior dome and map lights, XM radio, Rearview camera in rear tag, Ham radio Kenwood TMV 708-A, 6 Whelen hideaway strobes and Whelen slimlighter in back window..Blacked out Badges.. Tinted tail lights and 3rd break light..
    I have all intensions to replace all the speakers. I would rather do it myself since thats what i've done to all my vehicles in the past. I'm just running into the problem of once I unplug the factory amp I lose the audio to everything... HUMMMM

4. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    All of the speaker wire is run back to the amp, which is right next to your sub behind the seat there. I'm gonna replace the amp right there, keep the stock wiring save for a new power feed to the new amp.

5. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    Westside Medic

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    So splice into the factory wiring harness at the amp?

6. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    Westside Medic

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    I think I see now. RCA imput from the radio to the new amp and the new amp or amps running to all the speakers

7. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    That's a lot of wire to re-run. Id rather put my money into nice speakers.

8. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4

if i'm going to all the effort to pop the door panels off, i'm probably going to put some better wire in. i'd have to see the wire used first... but i can almost guarantee you i would.

Products Discussed in

To Top