1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory LED fog lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by apwenz, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Jan 7, 2022 at 9:00 PM
    apwenz

apwenz [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silver Limited LB
    I searched, but I cannot find anyone talking about an upgrade to the factory LED fogs. Sure, upgrades to get to LED fogs have discussions everywhere. The factory LED lights are nice, but the fogs are very “factory” in output (lumens).
    I just want some yellow options, bright ones, without pulling the factory lens out. In other words, bulb replacement!

kill this post by sending me to the right one that already exists please, or please help!

Thanks!!

2. Jan 7, 2022 at 9:36 PM
    Toy_Runner

Toy_Runner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 4Runner SR5
    3" OME lift, heavy coils f/r 3/16" steel skids Modified Coastal Offroad diy bumper 5spd swap ('98 donor)
    The factory LED fogs don't have bulbs that sre replaceable. They'll be LED chip(s) that are soldered to a mcpcb. Not exactly "replaceable" unless you're handy with a hot air soldering station. There *are* some Yellow LEDs on the market, but I doubt they're compatible with the existing pcb and, more importantly, optic lens.

You could try to filter the high color temp cold white LEDs tona shade of yellow, but you're going to have significant filtration losses. And you are still not likely to end up with "yellow," more "greenish-yellow" which is hard on the eyes and clearly/distinctively not a legal color.

apwenz[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 7, 2022 at 9:45 PM
    crashnburn80

crashnburn80 Vehicle Design Engineer

Member:
    Kirkland, WA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB TRD OR
    Go Hawks!
    Factory LED fog review here: Toyota LED fogs

There is no appropriate way to make these OEM fog yellow. If you go OEM it will be 6000k white. For yellow fogs, look at Diode Dynamics SS3 in selective yellow. Very soon they are coming out with an OEM style option that is promised to be higher output than OEM while also offering a selective yellow option.

apwenz[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 7, 2022 at 10:19 PM
    apwenz

apwenz [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silver Limited LB
    Awesome. The stuff you know! So helpful. Thank you!

crashnburn80 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top