1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory order in Southeast region?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bito, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Nov 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM
    bito

bito [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 DCSB Sport
    Hi Everyone,

About 7 weeks ago I "ordered" a Pyrite Mica 4x4 DCSB TRD OR w/Entune truck through my dealer. I've checked with the dealer several times and they haven't heard anything yet, and they tell me they won't know until the truck ships from the factory and hits their "port" (which I believe is the SET facility in Commerce but I may be wrong here) at which it takes a week or so to be delivered to the dealer.

I've seen other posts where people are getting production dates and other more firm info that I am not able to get. Is this because I'm in GA and going through Southeast Toyota as the distributor?

Can the dealer actually order a truck from the factory, or do they just put in a request to claim the first one with my desired specs as it hits unallocated inventory?

I think entune is the issue, as there are 472 DCSB 4x4 showing up in the inventory system scheduled through Jan 17th and only 8 have entune. Only 3 are the OR version.

If I had a solid date then I wouldn't mind waiting at all, but not knowing anything is irritating. I've found a few trucks the way I want it 400-500 miles away, and I could always dump the entune, but it would be nice if the truck I ordered would show up at my dealer that's 5 minutes from work :)

If anyone could offer some insight then that would be great. Thanks!

2. Nov 29, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    dantastic

dantastic Well-Known Member

Member:
    818<->626
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 BLK
    FWIW, I've been waiting for my "ordered" Black DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport w/o Entune since 10/21 and it's scheduled to be delivered the week of 12/5. From what I understand, the truck was allocated to my region (California?) and the dealer's fleet manager grabbed it as soon as it was available. As if last week, it's in production with a partial VIN.

Since there are numerous color/drivetrain/body style/option combos in production, I doubt that the "order" is actually a custom order. It's probably just the next one off the line with the right options.

3. Nov 29, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    This ^

The way i understood these "special orders" is that they just wait till a truck that matches your configuration comes along and when it does, then they let you know they have "your truck."

4. Nov 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    bito

bito [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 DCSB Sport
    Ok cool, thanks guys. I'm thinking a garmin may be a better fit anyways as the stock radio seems pretty good. Maybe I will go SR5 and add an air locker too since I'm lifting it ASAP anyways.

5. Nov 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser
    before i joined the navy i worked on a bmw assembly line; when customers factory/custom ordered a new beamer they could log onto a web site at the time it was being assembled and actually watch their vehicle be assembled in real time. that's hot shit

Products Discussed in

To Top