1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Failed on TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BirdTRD, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Nov 5, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD [OP] Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    The first step failed on getting my 09 a TSB. I called the main hotline, expressed my concern and whatnot. The lady was very nice but said as of now, even though VIN and leaf part numbers match, she can't do anything until they update the TSB to include 09's. She did say she'd forward the old TSB to the important people to encourage them to update the model years.

Try #2 coming next. She recommended I take it to the dealer with a full load so they could see the problem. I plan to borrow a buddies four-wheeler, hit some dips until it bottoms out, and take it in. I'll nicely rant about safety concerns, this is what I bought it for, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Any other advice?

2. Nov 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    jester156

jester156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4. 3.0l Duramax
    the dealer doing mine said the first one they did, the guy rolled in with 10 50lb bags of sand, the bed was almost on the frame, they had no leg to stand on, but I think the actual truck was part of the TSB. keep pushing, plenty have had their 09's done.

Products Discussed in

To Top