1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fan Shroud Radiator

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mr.Ed, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Apr 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    I had my radiator flushed at LubePros and they broke the over flow tank. Its were the small hose attaches, they said it breaks all the time. I got home and did a temp fix. My question is does this happen a lot? They told me it happens a lot... It gets hot and my Taco is black so they break more. I think its BS. I just wanted to get some input before I go back.

2. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I wouldn't care if it happens alot...They did it-They get it fixed.

3. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    It’s BS. back them fix it! I have never ever heard of this. My uncle was a mechanic for many years now co owns a paving company.

also only thing that really damages plastic is UV light and not the heat it self as much. If it’s under the hood it should not be getting UV light unless the hood is open.

4. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Mr.Ed

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    That's what I was thinking when they told me. I have been trying to step back and think first.
    Thanks, never seen this before.

5. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    coma09

coma09 Senior Member. Hey, what's That supposed to mean?

Member:
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 taco access cab 4x4
    They are required to undertake their work in a professional manner. They broke it, so didn't perform the work in a professional manner...ie did not have the skills and knowledge to perform the work without damage.
    They own it.
    Call dealer and gat parts price. Offer to do the repair or let them repair it for parts price only. Failing that have dealer fixt it, or you, and present the bill
    Fail to pay the bill, small claims court ... Which for a small item like this..easier to eat the bill
    Then it'd be a matter of public disgrace for the shop with better business bureau complaint .. Add in paper. Whatever you think will be effective.

6. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    Mr.Ed

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    I went late in the day and the manager was not in. I see him around town. They used to have good people but I have been living up north for the last two years.
    Thanks again I just wanted some input before I go back.

Products Discussed in

To Top