1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fast Food places that suck now!

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by 07TacoRidah, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Feb 13, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    So I just got back from Jack in the Box. I was VERY disappointed when I saw what I ordered. I got the Chicken Teriyaki bowl with an egg roll in which was skimpy as all hell!!! The bowl usually is packed to the top, this time it wasn't even half way, the sauce was watery, I found it all at the bottom while trying to mix it into the rice, which wasn't really even much of, the only good thing about my order was the egg roll, sweet and sour and the chicken that was in the bowl (just like the rice situation unfortunately). :mad::mad: WORST $7.12 I spent.

Just yesterday my friend was also telling me about Chiles. He went in there with his family and ordered a burger w/fries and apparently they literally gave him 7 fries, almost $12 for that order too. What's up with all the skimping out? How is it that the mom and pop places can supply you with more than enough food to fill you where as the POS name brand type places just take you money :mad:

Anyone else having bad times with fast food places now? I find that the mom and pop fast food places are WAYYY better to go to since they don't EVER skimp out with anything in your order, which I am now switching to permanently.

2. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    Dude i know Jack in the crack is not the same anymore. Just like the Panda Express by my work, they use to pile on the food, now its like half the size.

3. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    didnt alot of people die eating at crack in the box from bad meat or something. I had it once when I was in the us and it was crap

4. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    if you can find a chipotle,near you, those are pretty good. they try to serve fresh healthy burritos. they have a good standard. if you can find one of those, they are decent fast food.

5. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    damn I didn't know about the bad meat or something at Jack in the Box. When did that happen?

So far some of the best fast food places by my house right now are Subway (thankfully they are still the same), La Estrella (open almost 24 hrs. a day too), and Tops. CJ's got all expensive all of a sudden, McDonalds started to get all bland to me, BK, it's still okay just have to drive a little farther to get to one. Taco Bell is trash, Del Taco has bad service, where I live, imo.

6. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Moes Southwest grill?

7. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    PacNWgen1

PacNWgen1 NewHere

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    96' Tacoma Reg Cab 2.7l 4x4 5-speed 150,000+
    DynoMax ST, Deck Plate, Full Syn, Soon Header and Slotted Rotors
    You mean "Crap in the Sack" that place sucks.

8. Feb 14, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    where i am jack in the box is really good, but i love me some chipotle. that stuff is loaded with protein and is great if you are working out and need the energy

9. Feb 14, 2010 at 1:53 AM
    Tackz

Tackz Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD Sport DC/LB 4x4
    I think it's California. Basically, you have a whole work force that simply doesn't give a sh*t. Most of my fast food experiences there for 22 years were sub par(not to mention I had to learn Spanish to order). In-N-Out is usually on top of it. Not saying it's ONLY CA, but where I live now(Alpharetta, GA.), most fast food joints are pretty descent. I went to the cleanest, nicest Arby's in my life out here. And you can't beat the friendly service at Waffle House. JMO.

Products Discussed in

To Top