1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Faulty throw out bearing

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JakeMan, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mar 14, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    JakeMan

JakeMan [OP] Alfred E. Neuman

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    jba headers-K&N intake-urd shortshifter
    I had the first throw out bearing replaced under warrenty at about 30k.Now I have 66k on the motor and the 2nd throw out bearing needs to be replaced.I know its the throw out bearing because the squealing sound stops when I press on the clutch pedal. I'm going down to the dealership tomorrow morning.My truck is 6k out of warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get the dealership to cover the cost?

2. Mar 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They know about the issue- and have done the repair once already. I would have your paperwork from the last repair and be persistent but reasonable.

The dealership is probably going to say no initially....Let them know you'll be calling Corporate and work thru it. It's not unreasonable to get this covered- because even tho you are out of warranty it's a documented problem.

Good luck!!

3. Mar 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    Hunter'06FLKY

Hunter'06FLKY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners, OME 884's, Toyotec AAL, Differential Breather, PIAA Fog's, K & N Air Filter, Definity Dakota M/T's, Cherry Bomb Extreme High Clearance
    i'm going to be trying to get mine replaced this week under warranty.

i would hope that after some discussion they would understand your stituation.

4. Mar 16, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    I just bought one with the same problem. Is there an after market cure?

Products Discussed in

To Top