1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FedEx overnight took 9 days

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Assumer, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Dec 4, 2020 at 11:10 AM
    CT Yankee

CT Yankee Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR AC AT MGM
    Only aesthetic mods so far Leer 180 cap & Clazzio covers on order.
    All package delivery systems have their moments. After Halloween it gets really crazy for all of them. Anyone paying for Next Day should look at the fine print with respect to distance - 'Next Day' is a bit of a stretch (or lie depending on your perspective).

2. Dec 4, 2020 at 2:11 PM
    Lastplace

Lastplace Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeast VA
    “weather delay”

3. Dec 4, 2020 at 2:38 PM
    parkman

parkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Park
    Vehicle:
    2015 Pyrite Tacoma DC TRD OR
    I moved earlier this year and bought a ton of stuff sent by fedex at least 75% of it had a “pending delivery date” once it was on the delivery day and came 1-5 days later.

I even ordered a Ceiling Fan that consisted of two packages got shipped the same day and everything from the dealer both were swiped within a minute of each other at the local location before going on to the truck box 1 went for delivery box two got delayed for three days. Kind of hard to install the fan when the blades arrive on time but the motor and light are hanging out at the FedEx warehouse forever and a day.

shakerhood and Fargo Taco like this.
  4. Dec 4, 2020 at 4:39 PM
    rtzx9r

rtzx9r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bueller
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    LS1 swap with nitros.
    3 lost packages with fedex this year alone... they are terrible much of the time.

shakerhood and parkman like this.
  5. Dec 4, 2020 at 7:07 PM
    Assumer

Assumer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maumelle Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD White
    GoRhino D1
    Nope. Weather was fine all week.

6. Dec 5, 2020 at 4:42 PM
    JEEPNIK

JEEPNIK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Voodoo Blue TRD Sport
    The one that gets me happened a few days ago. The email (FED-EX) stated it was put on the porch. The blurb that pops up if you can't find it is to ask your neighbors and wait three days. When I explained they couldn't reach my porch the idiot on the phone swore the delivery person wouldn't lie. I figure the delivery person just keeps a few parcels back for personal use.

But don't get me started on the USPS. Yesterday no mail delivery. Today we had two. This is a common theme. Best one was four days no mail, then three in one day. The local person in charge at the PO swears that it couldn't have happened. So now I keep my videos. I'm up to three days of double deliveries. I'll just send them to the postal inspector at some point.

7. Dec 5, 2020 at 6:08 PM
    sabasarge

sabasarge Well-Known Member

Member:
    central Columbia Gorge
    Vehicle:
    2020 Sport AC MT cement
    Working on that
    I’ve had ridiculously bad experiences with USPS, both sending and receiving. If I can I avoid using them.

8. Dec 5, 2020 at 6:30 PM
    LoveableWerewolf

LoveableWerewolf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2014 5 lug, 1989 mighty max
    4 runner seats, storage cubbies
    I had a brake drum kit start in indianapolis, go to my post office. I used to live in indiana.
    Then take a misterious detour to Atlantic City. That was interesting. Somehow only got the package a day late. It literally got to my post office and somehow got shipped to new jersey.

9. Dec 5, 2020 at 6:38 PM
    theesotericone

theesotericone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bishop CA
    UPS. I ordered something from Big A. It left Riverside CA. Then ended up in Hodgkins, IL. I live 200 miles from Riverside. Hogkins is 2000 miles from Riverside. I eventually got the package and a free month of Amazon Prime from the deal. lol

LoveableWerewolf likes this.
  10. Dec 5, 2020 at 7:02 PM
    HawkShot99

HawkShot99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    13' Silver DCLB TRD Sport - Sold
    I love UPS, and hate FedEx. At my job we usually get 30+ boxes a day between the 2 companies.
    Ups the boxes come in great shape, and on time. If a shipment is multiple boxes 99% of the time we get all boxes as we are supposed to. Our driver is AWESOME and goes well above and beyond what should be expected of him.
    FedEx is horrible. 1/2 the boxes look horrible and crushed. If a shipment is more then 3 boxes we know FedEx will have lost at least 1 and we need to wait a few days for it to show up to complete the order. They can't keep a driver for more then 6 months. Our last driver got canned for trying to pick up "dates" for himself and swinger wife.

11. Mar 23, 2021 at 4:40 PM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Fed Ex Sucks

12. Mar 25, 2021 at 4:12 AM
    IEsurfer

IEsurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Socal
    Ups is union and pay their feeder (big rig) and parcel (box truck) drivers handsomely. FedEx is actually about 7 different entities (FedEx freight, ground etc) and a lot of their work is actually contracted out. The in house FedEx employees get paid ok but nowhere near the ups guys especially with the bennies...obviously that reflects how your package gets handled and the efficiency

13. Mar 25, 2021 at 4:48 AM
    07RedTacoDawg

07RedTacoDawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Jamestown , NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Red Tacoma
    2 inch lift , tires and wheels
    I am a little biased because i worked for UPS for 40 years. That being said , i also have to order packages from time to time and have only had a few problems from any of the carriers. But UPS definitely seems to have better service.

14. Mar 25, 2021 at 8:17 AM
    shakerhood

shakerhood Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Off Road, 6 Speed MT, P&T
    I am glad it's not just me that has constant issues with FedEx, delayed delivery and lost packages are the norm.

15. Mar 25, 2021 at 8:26 AM
    LTDSC

LTDSC 32oz of fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    NorCal
    after having even more packages lost with FedEx i went down to the hub and the warehouse manager on the floor was very nice. He told me FedEx screwed themselves when COVID hit, they changed their sick time policy to just a call in, no note needed. So people who have been working 12-14 hour days 5-7 days a week just started calling in. Drivers called in, warehouse workers all called in. That day there were only 6 people working inside the hub and it wasnt because of regulations. All were called out sick.

With no "proof" of a Dr note, people have fully taken advantage.

shakerhood[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Mar 25, 2021 at 8:29 AM
    CoMo Taco

CoMo Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Judah
    Columbia, Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tacoma SR Access Cab 4x4
    Alpine stereo replacement, 6x9 Kicker front door speaker upgrade, Kicker tweeter upgrade. 6000k HID upgrade, Running boards installed, Rear seats installed, Pedal Commander, Meso Map Lights, TRD pro grille, Raptor lights, TRD Pro rims, 4600's Bilsteins, Diode Dynamics SAE Yellow Fog lights, Custom fuse box.
    I use FedEx Express all the time never have issues and have used it for a while now. USPS on the other hand has "lost" so many of my packages. They are the worst.

17. Mar 25, 2021 at 8:33 AM
    golfindia

golfindia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yes.
    Vehicle:
    pickup truck
    USPS.

A package was sent to me (FL west coast) from FL east coast. Two hour car ride. Here's the tracking travel itinerary. It took 5 days and went through NJ.

20210316_143150.jpg

shakerhood likes this.
  18. Mar 25, 2021 at 8:41 AM
    MikefromCT

MikefromCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR DCSB
    OME Bp-51; Relentless Armor
    Generally have had ok experience with fedex, but never used their express method.

Fed ex Freight did however fuck up my roof top tent during shipping and its been an extreme hassle trying to get it resolved. They also fucked up my friends roof top tent; putting a forklift fork through it.

I get shit happens, but if your going to mess something up, own up to it.

19. Mar 25, 2021 at 8:48 AM
    Assumer

Member:
    Maumelle Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD White
    GoRhino D1
    I just ordered a guitar amp and pedal from Sweetwater which shipped on the same day. I always have my stuff redirected to the local Walgreens so I don't have to worry about not being home or porch pirates. Pedal arrived in the promised two days. Amp, kept getting notices it was going to be arrive by the end of the day then pending. Happened Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday. Finally received a message unable to locate recipient. I called and informed them that I was certain Walgreen was still there. The problem was the package was too big for walgreens. Why not put that in the notice so I could arrange to pick up the amp. Went to Fedex yesterday and picked it up. Tracking still says pending.

shakerhood likes this.
  20. Mar 25, 2021 at 8:49 AM
    Assumer

Member:
    Maumelle Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD White
    GoRhino D1
    Yeah, my Father retired from UPS and my brother currently works there. I typically attempt to use them however some companies use Fedex.

Products Discussed in

To Top