1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FedEx Sucks Hardcore...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by SManZ, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Just an edited version of an email string to FedEx's customer service. All I did was remove my personal info and the headers, etc. They deliver packages and never leave any notices. I normally suck it up and go about my business but it burned me up this time because the dealer and I had to go hunting for the damn tags 2 days before my temporaries expired.

Thanks for the copy-and-paste responses that don't really answer my questions. I will avoid FedEx as much as possible.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:35 PM
    To: XXXXXX
    Subject: RE: Complaints [Incident: 091013-001061] [Incident:
    091013-001234]

RE: Complaints [Incident: 091013-001061]

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (May-Ann A.) - 10/13/2009 05:35 PM
    Dear XXXXXX:
    Thank you for your inquiry. We regret any inconvenience this has caused.
    Please be advised that shipments to hotels, hospitals, government offices or installations, university campuses, or other facilities that utilize a mailroom or other central receiving area will be delivered to the central receiving area, unless otherwise authorized and approved by FedEx.

Thank you for shipping with FedEx.
    May-Ann A.
    FedEx Customer Service
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Customer (XXXXXX) - 10/13/2009 05:25 PM
    Incident created due to reply to expired incident 091013-001061.

Thanks for your reply Peter,
    I just want to understand clearly what you're saying. FedEx does not
    notify the recipient of package delivery and passes that task on to the
    delivery location (apt office, etc)?

-XXXXXX

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:13 PM
    To: XXXXXX

Response (Peter B.) - 10/13/2009 04:13 PM
    Dear XXXXXX:
    Thank you for your inquiry. We regret any inconvenience this has caused.
    FedEx delivers to the address indicated on the airbill at the time of shipment, not to a specific person. At many businesses, apartment complexes and universities we deliver to the main mailroom, apartment office or shipping and receiving area, so that they may distribute within their internal departments accordingly.

Comments:

I am writing because I've experienced numerous problems with FedEx deliveries to my address. The main issue is that the deliveryman rarely leaves a delivery notice that my package has been delivered to the rental office. I had asked Koons Tysons Toyota to mail me my new license plates and registration. They sent them via FedEx on the 5th. Yesterday, the 12th I called the dealership to let them know I had not received the tags yet. After they tracked the package they told me that it was sent overnight and delivered on the 6th. I reiterated that I had not received anything. They contacted FedEx to find that it had been delivered to the rental office. The extra expense the sender incurred to send the package overnight was completely wasted by a failure to notify the
    recipient that the package was delivered to the office. I don't have a problem with delivering to the office and it is preferable over leaving a package at my front door, as long as I'm notified! I never have this problem with UPS and I'm puzzled why the doortags notices are rarely left by FedEx.

2. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    Sounds like to me I would be pissed at the apartment rental office not fed ex. This is standard procedure for freight companies, sad to say but if the took that extra step you have to pay for it...

3. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:53 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that UPS leaves a notice at my door every time they deliver something to the rental office. It doesn't matter if its a package, envelope, whatever. I would understand if FedEx was delivering to a corporate or university mailroom or something like that, but this just reeks of sloppiness/laziness IMO.

Edit...what I really think is that the FedEx guy dumps everything at the rental office and drives off without making door to door delivery attempts. The tracking for this package shows that it was left at my door and we were freaking out that the tags and registration walked. The dealer rep had to sift through FedEx to find out it was actually delivered to the rental office.

4. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    It's not sloppy or lazy, it is just how FedEx does things. IF you want for a small fee at the time of shipping FedEx offers a delivery notification service that will email you the tracking number and delivery info when it is signed for.

5. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I don't get it. If you knew you were expecting a package, why not just check with your rental office instead of waiting? You even know that the rental office accepts packages there.
    That's like a person ordering something online in which a signature is required upon delivery but the recipient is leaving town. Why order it then? Then they get mad at FedEx.

Oh and by the way, it sounds like FedEx Express. There are different operating companies. So saying you're made at FedEx is generalizing.
    FedEx Express, Ground, Home Delivery, Smart Post, Office (formerly known as Kinkos), Frieght and LTL (Less than Truck Load).

Hardcore seems like an exaggeration, but thats my two cents. Cheers!

6. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    Fedex sucks in one aspect: Fiberwerx made me fenders and they arrived damaged. Fedex inspected it and refunded the cost of the fenders - TO FIBERWERX! Now Fiberwerx is being a BITCH and not admiting they received a refund from Fedex. I had to eat the cost of fixing the fenders and losing the change of getting a full refund. Fedex said it was policy to refund the SHIPPER for a damaged item.

7. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    You will only get the money if the items were shipped against your FedEx account number or if the shipper/payor agrees in writing to release to you.

8. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    That's a legitimate complaint about the driver. Perhaps the representative doesn't really understand the severity of the situation. Instead of complaining about a package you already received, you should call the 1800-Go-Fedex number and make a complaint that the driver did not follow protocol and leave a door tag at my door to inform me that the package had been delivered. Best to handle these complaints in person than through an email.

9. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    You > Fiberwerx > Fedex for delivery.
    Damage > Fedex > Fiberwerx > You. Same way with UPS.
    I'll admit, when I had a damaged item come from ups, I called UPS and they informed their shipper. With FedEx (at least on the Ground side), you would need to contact the shipper and not the carrier.

There are pros and cons for each carrier. That's why we have choices. Experiences usually determine our choices though.

10. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    SManZ... sorry to hear what happened man. I know its frustrating. Hope everything turned out fine.

11. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    When fedex delivers to our office building, they leave delivery tags. Example:

the office next door to ours gets a package and they are not there, fedex will leave it with us, and leave a tag on their door.

I would agree that you have a lazy ass delivery guy.

12. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    FedEx is supposed to put a door tag on YOUR door if a delivery attempt is made at YOUR address. If the pkg is delivered to the office, then they are still required to leave a door tag. Business addresses with a central mail room (i.e. large office buildings) are the exception. I have worked for FedEx for close to 20 years, so I am quite familiar with their policies.

13. Oct 13, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    They could do worse...

A few years ago I bought one of those shitty chinese pocket bikes...and after a ridiculous delay from the seller, the guy shipped it to me via fedex ground.

The front of my old house had a short and somewhat steep front yard...so the fedex driver decided to back the truck into the lawn to make it easier to carry the box out, leaving ruts from the back tires (they went over the sidewalk and into the yard). He then rolled the box end over end when it clearly was labeled fragile and to keep it right side up. On the last roll the box hit and tore off our landscape lighting controller box...and then he rang the doorbell and beelined for the truck. My mother came out and started yelling at him for the damage he did, but he was an idiot, so he just mumbled something. She also told him to move it to the garage...so he did...rolling it end over end again.

It ended up cracking the bikes fairings...but being young and lazy, I never bothered contacting them.

USPS, sucks but they're cheap. UPS is expensive, and they suck less. Fedex is predictably shitty. DHL is just awful.

14. Oct 13, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    Apple X C0re

Apple X C0re Atomic Punk

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Franklin, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    De-badged, MetalMiller grille emblem, brush guard, K&N Intake, Thrush tube, Black euro tail lights, Various scratches, Cobra 29LTD CB with custom echo board, 10" sony subwoofer with MTX amp, Black low-profile tool box, 5% tint all around.
    Yeah, FedEx can't even get their trucks up my driveway. So the driver(s) end up calling me and having me meet them somewhere to pick up my package. Even IF they try to get up the driveway, they freak out and get stuck somehow. Funny I can drive my loaded dump truck up my driveway, but FedEx drivers can't get a small box truck up it. :p

15. Oct 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    toast

toast Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hate to go against the mob here but today I considered emailing FedEx to compliment my driver. Repeatedly he has gone out of his way to protect/hide any packages left at my door. Today he left 2 Dell 24" monitors in my plant bed (behind bushes/trees), each neatly wrapped in plastic bags and stacked.

Took me 5 minutes to find them they were hidden so well lol.

16. Oct 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    WOW! Toast don't call it in!!!! Your driver did you a favor. Dell is an account we are not to "driver release" packages to residential homes. He would more than likely get in trouble for doing that. Did you check the tracking ID number online? I wonder if he scribbled in a name. Humor me and check please. PM me if you want.

17. Oct 13, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks w8n - everything is good. I got the tags and registration and put them on today. The temps expire tomorrow so I'm all set!

18. Oct 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    toast

toast Well-Known Member

Member:
    It was Fedex Home. I signed the DT :)

19. Oct 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    I'm with you on this one. It doesn't seem logical to me that FedEx would run around to each recipients door and put up a delivery notification.

Your apartment complex needs to get their act together, not FedEx

20. Oct 13, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Listen to the 20 year vet.

Plus the OP says that he "rarely" gets a notice on his door, which means the driver has done it, but is a slacker and doesn't do it every time like he should. (either that or sneaky neighborhood kids are stealing his stickers)

The apartment complex employees are there to manage a building, not deliver packages.

There should be a poll to see how many members get notices.. I'm sure there are a good amount of members on here that live in apartment buildings

Products Discussed in

To Top