1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by tacomazach, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Oct 21, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    tacomazach

tacomazach [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    I'm thinking about possibly selling my truck to upgrade to an 01-04 double cab 4x4 trd. How much do ya'll think I could get for it?

99 prerunner
    2.5in lift
    recently changed brakes all around
    black toolbox
    cobra cb and steel whip antenna
    towing package
    replaced lights with aftermarkets except third brake light
    uws black nerf bars
    dick cepek dc2 rims
    dayton timberline mt tires
    10in pioneer and 2 tweeters
    250 wt amp
    alpine deck
    tinted windows
    bug guard
    vent shades
    bedliner
    body is in great condition

the only things wrong with it is the fuel door lock does not work and there is a dent in the rear bumper that was there when I bought it.

2. Oct 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    2000yotaSS

2000yotaSS Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Conway AR
    Vehicle:
    silver trd sr5 4x4
    4in lift Fabtech, tinted windows, 33 General Grabber AT2
    How many miles? engine? size? auto or manual?

3. Oct 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    tacomazach

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    dang. knew I forgot something
    166xxx miles
    2.7 4cyl
    auto transmisson

I just refuse to believe what kbb says is all I can get for it.

4. Oct 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    tacomazach

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    anyone? maybe with knowledge in sales?
    oh and it also has a security system...

5. Oct 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    I have been learning not to rely on KBB or NADA for anything more than a guide. A dealer tries to pay in line with what these guides will tell them, but it isnt always the case. They may buy a car and allow for unexpected repairs, but sometimes it isnt enought. That is why a dealer will offer you a value for a your trade in that is less than what KBB or NADA will value a trade in at.

Even though it is a rare and coveted car, the Toyota Supra sells for thousands more than what KBB or NADA list the value at. These valuation companies dont always reflect what actual market value is. The problem is this is what banks use to determine loan value. But true market value is what a willing and able buyer and seller are willing to trade for.

I dont know what to tell you about the accessories you've added onto your truck, but for what you can part out and sell, I would start with that. I would list stuff on the boards, or keep what you can keep for your next truck. You need to determine what you are willing to accept in the purchase and then go from there. People will haggle you over price and throw all kinds of thoughtless B.S. at you to try to get you to drop the price. I had a Honda CRX that I swapped out the motor for a higher HP lower mileage JDM VTEC motor in it. Before I sold it, some lady offered me below private party value saying she didnt care about the motor...Really? Well, I could pull the motor out for ya if you'd like...How bout if I just give you the car free. Would you be ok with it then Maam? Yeah, I sent her truckin away.

6. Oct 24, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    also, you have wear and tare on your accessories, so you have to set a reasonable price for those items. Your gonna lose 33-66% of the value you paid on those accessories and it depends on how old the mods are as well. Hope this helps.

7. Oct 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport DC
    I just sold my 2000 Tacoma v6 xtracab with 135k miles for $1000 over KBB. but it was immaculate. KBB is a good guide, just not perfect.

Products Discussed in

To Top