1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Filing a claim on my truck for the hail damage.....need advice!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ThisGuy, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Oct 11, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    Ding King

Ding King Well-Known Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4x4
    5100's all around fronts at .85,rear TSB,trans TSB,20% tint,TRD exhaust, TRD CAI,tailgate mod, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, EGR in-channel, Nitrofil.
    Did not read whole thread. Here goes. Most of the vehicles in AZ. are combo repair that means half PDR (paintless dent repair) half conventional (body shop). Some insurance companies will be writing checks straight to you. Do not get excited as this usally means it is severly underwritten. You cash the check, it's a wrap.Thus you were not "fairly" compensated. Please take your truck to a local body shop of your choice and ask about the dent techs. 85% of the work will be done by non-Arizonians. This is common. The business is a sub-contract by nature. Good techs are never in one place. We travel that's how we make the jack. Ask who is pushing the dents. It is a good idea to go to a shop your ins. company stands behind. (DRP Shops) Do not let guys drill holes. That is amatuer bullshit. Also remember that tents are for the circus not auto repair. Best of luck to all with a loss. Also get written warranties.

2. Oct 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Just talked to my insurance co.
    They have an appointment for me tomorrow to estimate the damage.
    I have a high deduct so I may end up having my dent bumpin dude take care of it.

I bet he is working 20 hrs. a day right now.

3. Oct 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    Ding King

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4x4
    5100's all around fronts at .85,rear TSB,trans TSB,20% tint,TRD exhaust, TRD CAI,tailgate mod, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, EGR in-channel, Nitrofil.
    BTW. I know this is a big suck right now but it is relly going to boost AZ local economy.

4. Oct 11, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah

"The guy I know does the dent repair on the presidents helicopter"...........interesting factoid...............

5. Oct 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    Ding King

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4x4
    I call B.S. on that. Just my opinion:cool: I know MANY dent guys that travel the world doing hail. Alot of the good techs are still in Perth, Ausralia and Canada right now. Calgary got blasted. There is alot of riff raff lying s.o.b's in this business. pisses me off.

6. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    ThisGuy

ThisGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    litchfield park, az
    Vehicle:
    All Black 2010 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    3" lift, PC wheels, 33" Cooper SST. Volant intake w/ scoop, Gibson exhaust, black tails & 3rd, grillcraft black mesh....more to come
    Well I got a check for $8k to fix the truck. They seemed fair on the estimate they wrote to replace the hood, roof, both doors, roof moldings, quarter panel, and fender all on the drivers side. The only thing they are gonna pdr is the pass side fender and there's only a few dents. Now I need to Find someone selling parts so I can save some money

7. Oct 27, 2010 at 5:54 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Wow, That is a bunch of replacement parts.
    I saw a hood on craigs list for $75.00 but I am not sure of the color.
    There have been fenders and bed side fenders sometimes.
    Search Tacoma and see what you can find.

Best of luck.

8. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:09 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    My wife and I had to have both of our cars repaired from hail damage about a year and a half ago, between both, total of 12k damage. Most panels were so bad they did have to replace them altoghether. You always hear baseball size hail and always think, "yeah. I'm sure", but this was definitely that big. found some in my freezer still a few months back. They did a really good job, but the only thing is the paint, it seems that it chips a whole lot easier. Maybe I'm just crazy, but the frist 3 years I had my truck, never had any chips on the hood, now there are several pretty big chips. (Same for wife's Camry) Good luck.

Side question: Is there any way to prove they used a cheap paint and that I can have it redone? My insurance guarantees repairs for life.

9. Dec 23, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    ThisGuy

ThisGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    litchfield park, az
    Vehicle:
    All Black 2010 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    3" lift, PC wheels, 33" Cooper SST. Volant intake w/ scoop, Gibson exhaust, black tails & 3rd, grillcraft black mesh....more to come
    Thought I would update anyone who cares.....got my truck back yesterday. $3500 for all the repairs (PDR/bondo/paint) except the hood. Im still looking for a painted hood but ill prolly just get one from Toyota and have my guy paint it for me. So maybe $4000 after that total to get her back to new. That left me with $4800 to spend on goodies!!!! I ordered AVID sliders & light bar, TRD skid plate, roof rack, floor mats, and a tuffy box. Im so stoked the $5k i have left basically paid for all the upgrades I have done to the truck since i got her in May and the stuff i just ordered so its like i got them all free!!

10. Dec 23, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Not bad, my hail claim for my Taco and wife's camry and year and half ago totaled just over $12,500

Products Discussed in

To Top