1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally bought my suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Mainmoe02, May 20, 2013.

1. May 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    I finally did it! I went ahead and ordered my suspension that I've been wanting!

I went through ToyTec and ordered:

-Bilstein 5100's front and rear
    -Eibach coils for front (3" of lift)
    -2 new OME/ Dakar rear leaf spring packs (2.25" - 2.5" of lift)

The bilstein 5100's front and rear combo pack from toytec don't come with the 5125's in the rear. So I asked Jeff to put those in the order instead of the extended rear 5100's. I hope he actually does it and the right parts are shipped :confused:There wasn't any extra charge.

I've heard lots of good thing about DSMS. So I called them first, but off the bat, the tone that came across was that they didn't really feel like helping. So I called Toytec just to get more answers to my questions and they were pleased to help. I didn't feel bad asking questions to Jeff from toy tec. And he answered everything without a problem. I then called DSMS, to give them another chance and see if maybe someone different would answer. Well someone else did answer but it was the same "what do you want" kinda tone. I asked my question because their bilstein front and rear pack does come with the 5125's for the rear. After that short conversation with DSMS I figured I'd rather deal with toytec because I was tired of feeling like I was more of a bother than a customer. I've seen people post about blown shocks and how DSMS replaced them without question. I asked Jeff about that scenarios and he said Toytec does the same thing. All in all I'm excited about my toys comming in! And happy I finally did it!
    Now for the install... Should I do it, with my somewhat mechanically inclined self? Or should I have a shop do it???

Thanks for the help!

Products Discussed in

To Top