1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally got a ticket (ALSO POLL)

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by pancho, Nov 4, 2011.

?

How many tickets have you had

Poll closed Dec 4, 2011.
  1. None

29.0%
  2. 1-3

41.5%
  3. 4-7

13.4%
  4. 8+

7.6%
  5. Dr. Pepper is good.

15.2%
  1. Nov 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM
    pancho

pancho [OP] Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pancho
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    18 Cement OR 4x4 DCSB
    Black out emblems. TRD Pro grille.
    Out of all the law enforcement agencies it had to be a CHP officer. I was on my way to get my sister and her friends at Victoria Gardens and before I got to the light right before the on ramp to go 210 west, a CHP officer turns on its lights and puts on its intercom telling me once the signal turns green to pull over on the right hand side. Comes up to my window and asks why he pulled me over. I said "no officer, why did you pull me over?" Responds back and says that I did not make a complete stop at the stop sign. My reaction was are you serious? (Of course saying it in my head and not out loud) Ask me if I remember stopping. Of course I said yes cause I definitely did stop feeling my truck jolt a little from pressing on the break while also putting my turning signals on. (As I always do). Takes my information back to his cruiser. While he is doing that, I'm thinking in my head "I can't effing believe that I just got pulled over for a stop sign violation"

Little background history on stop signs with my family. Few years back my dad got pulled over on the SAME street about the same time and the SAME law enforcement agency. Also the SAME violation.

Back to the story, of course I chuckled when remembering about my dads incident but nonetheless I was still in shock. Hands me back my information and gives me the citation and I sign it. After we have about a 5-8 minute discussion about how I was going into law enforcement and being a CHP officer. Really good guy though the officer was. He was really hesitant about giving me the ticket since it was my first violation ever and also saying he did see my break lights go on.

Oh well nothing I can do now. Surprisingly my Mom isn't mad about the ticket. Waiting for my Dad to come back to the gym and see my ticket on the refrigerator. If you don't hear back from me, well it was good knowing you all :D haha

I'm including a poll with this post.

Reply if you will,
    1) How many tickets have you had.
    2) Which Law Enforcement Agency pulled you over. (IE CHP, City, Sheriff)
    3) Violation
    4)Was the officer courteous or not.

2. Nov 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    pancho

Member:
    First Name:
    Pancho
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    18 Cement OR 4x4 DCSB
    Ha ha on the way to get my sis I had all green lights till I got into the shopping center where there are stop signs and crosswalks. I was still heated when I picked her up but driving back I started chuckling. I drove the same street back to my house where I got the ticket to see if the CHP officer was still there and he wasn't lol. But I usually do make a complete stop cause I'm the guy with my friends who make fun of them for getting a ticket for the stupidest easiest things to avoid.

3. Nov 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    pancho

Member:
    First Name:
    Pancho
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    18 Cement OR 4x4 DCSB
    Also I might add to what happened to is I dropped off my truck at the dealership for its 5,000 mile inspection and oil change. I read the paper the gave back to me and says the my brakes are 90% still good.

4. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    livel0veryde

livel0veryde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    josh
    missouri
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma based buggy
    -iv had 5 tickets i got out of one with an SIS and one i fought and got out of
    -pulled over by local 5o and a sheriff
    -speeding,speeding,speeding,failure to yield,and one for under-lights
    -for the most art all the officers were respectful except for the officer who wrote me the fail to yield ticket i did cut him off tho so i can understand why he would be upset but still

5. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    HIYota

HIYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Las Vegas, NV originally Kauai, HI
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver 6 spd TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Check my build thread...too much to list.
    I've received 4 tickets, 1 moving violation for an illegal turn and 3 speeding tickets. All from different agencies. Funny how the only ticket LEO was not curteous about was the moving violation. Maybe the difference is that it was before I joined the military, and stating I was speeding instead of the normal "No idea why you pulled me over."

6. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    tnk921

tnk921 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    North West, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OFF ROAD, TX PRO, DC, SB
    Weather tech floor liners, URD TCAI, URD Quick Shifter, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged repainted badging, undercover se tonneau, Stubby Antenna, 265/75/R16 DuraTracs
    1) 2 tickets in the Tacoma
    2) 1 City, 1 Sheriff
    3) The first one when I got pulled over was for the window tint I had put almost 6 months prior. The Chick wrote me the ticket saying that she couldn't see if I was wearing my seat belt or not. She was nice and just said fix it right no paper or anything. Then about 5 days later I get a letter in the mail from the county and sure as shit there is 133 dollar ticket.

The second one my wife and I were on our way to a nice breakfast on the Island here and it was foggy to all hell and we are cruising along half awake and in the distance or just past where we can see because of the fog we see blue flashing lights so I start slow down not sure what was going on and yeah there was the Sheriff just waiting for me to pass and I was like no way he got with a radar in this thick fog. I don't think he did but I was speeding doing 10 over in a 50. 236 dollar ticket.
    4) Both man and woman in the line of duty were very courteous as for kind on the other hand......I still got the tickets!

7. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Ive only ever had one ticket, and it was about a month ago on my motorcycle doing 10 over on the road leading up to my house. It's pretty deserted in the middle of nowhere with a speed limit of 25mph. It is very difficult to do 25mph on a motorcycle on a twisty road lol.

8. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    Peter559

Peter559 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i was on a rural road, 55mph speed limit... this damn old truck which had a bunch of junk in the back stacked to the limit was going 45...so, i decided to pass it and as soon as i got over to the opposite lane, the oncoming car was a fucking CHP... i was like shit im busted...passed the slowass car and just pulled over knowing that i was busted... checked my mirror and sees him bust a u turn and then passed the damn responsible truck and pulled up right behind me...not know how fast i was going, i asked... 70 mph he says. yea, i told em the story but he said too bad i still went pass the speed limit, so no arguing to to that... a month late comes the the ticket...$300!!!! :mad:

9. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    :eek:

I was doing about 20 over but he gave me a break since it was so rural and put down 10 over. My ticket was $59.

10. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    5 tickets at 17? :eek: i wonder how much your insurance is! LOL

11. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    smallxfires

smallxfires Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    I have had 6 Speeding tickets, a seatbelt violation (right by my house). and a few parking tickets.

None of these were recent, all when I was first driving. Also, all of them were for less then 10mph over the limit. (70 in a 65 was 3 of them).

Most of the officers were stern until I started a conversation, then they typically are really nice. I have always been respectful of police officers.

The very first ticket I got was for going 75 in a 65, I tried to explain to the officer that my car (at the time) could not go 75 mph (POS), and he pulled me out of the car and yelled at me to give me a lesson. He was the only rude officer I have ever dealt with.

12. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    My first ticket was on 12/23/93 by local PD. My second ticket was 1/2/94 by local PD for running a red light at 2am. I thought I could beat the red light but I missed it by 4 seconds.

I've had way too many other tickets to add them all up. Local pd, CHP, sheriffs. I've gotten two speeding tickets in the exact same spot 6 years apart by a local pd motorcycle who hangs out there right by Cal Poly, Campus dr. I think.

13. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:56 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    4 seconds:rofl: thats awesome

14. Nov 5, 2011 at 12:24 AM
    pancho

Member:
    First Name:
    Pancho
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    18 Cement OR 4x4 DCSB
    I know that cop! hahah I've seen him so many times when I went to Mt. Sac and for parties out there haha. and damn I can't believe you remember those dates.

Was wondering the same thing haha.

So good news. my dad isn't pissed about it. He laughed about it. So now I have to wait for the whole thing in the mail and most likely do traffic school instead of fighting it.

15. Nov 5, 2011 at 12:38 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    I've had too many to count, comes from owning too many fun cars. I got pulled over once doing 150 in a 55. I saw the cop and pulled over which is what ended up saving my butt. Officer wrote me up at 91mph because of this and the fact his shift was about to end and he didn't want to wait for a tow truck. He told me if I fought it that he would tell the judge what happened and the judge would bump it up to 150mph.

On a side note you should plead not guilty. They will give you a date for you to come back and if the officer does not show up the ticket goes away completely. They will call these names out at the begining of your new trial date. If the officer does show up they give you a chance to change your plea.

16. Nov 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM
    supriseaztacoma

supriseaztacoma AZ it is a "dry heat"

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Surprise
    Vehicle:
    15 Tundra Crew Cab
    Funny thing, I only have one! I am 27 so I guess that is good. The live in Phoenix and CHP got me in Cali, Banning.. Speeding.. I to am going LE..

17. Nov 5, 2011 at 12:55 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Haven't had a ticket in years, I feel like I have this 6th sense because for some stupid reason I always slow down randomly before I ever see cops...lol

In the past though I've received like 3 speeding tickets and a stop sign ticket in my 87 ranger that was barely capable of speeding. On the flipside I also owned a slammed 88 prelude that I had been known to drive stupid fast on the freeway, but I never got a single ticket. I'm talking speeds in excess of 130, I wasn't the brightest when I was younger....

Nowadays my insurance is 40 bucks a month for 2 vehicles full coverage and Id like to keep it that way.

18. Nov 5, 2011 at 1:20 AM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
    :eek: at the people with over 8 tickets

19. Nov 5, 2011 at 1:21 AM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    i've had 8+ tickets.. but most of them being fix-it tickets from the street racing days

20. Nov 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Been driving for 6 years and only one ticket. I was at the Oregon Dunes on the beach doing 60mph an hour... Supposedly the beaches are 25mph which seems kinda dumb..

Products Discussed in

To Top