1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

finally order lift and now the dealer wants to do TSB...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by wallytaco, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mar 2, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    wallytaco

wallytaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Pittsfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Access V6 OR
    Yesterday, I placed my lift order for the full OME setup with the standard rear AALs. Prior to that, I was going back and forth with the dealer about the suspension TSB. They were convinced that it did not apply to the TRD Off Road, because they thought the TSB was to install the OR suspension in SR5s. I actually provided them with a pic of the 4 leaf from TW (I love this site!). Well, they called today and they have ordered the 4 leaf.

So, my question is, can I put the standard AAL in the TSB leaf pack? I would imagine that it will add an extra inch or so to the back end, which I don't mind. I'm more concerned about whether it will actually fit... Toytec isn't open yet, but hopefully I can get them to modify my order before it ships.

2. Mar 2, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    dont think the standard aal with fit, not sure why.. but toytec makes an aal for the tsb leafs...

3. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6

If you swap them for the TSB AAL they have...does the amount of lift increase?

TSB already lift up your truck about 1.5" right? Does the TSB AAL add to that? If not...and you can't change the order in time....I guess the next thing to do is sell the AAL that comes with the OME package.

4. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    wallytaco

Member:
    Pittsfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Access V6 OR
    Lift price doesn't change based on AAL, just the height added by the AAL. Actually, Toytec Lifts has been great to work with. I just called and they are holding my order until I get confirmation (actually schedule the service) that they are performing the TSB.

The TSB does change ride height by about an inch. The AAL for the non TSB is 1.75-2" whereas the TSB AAL is only 1.5 inches. I was really trying to figure out if there are any structural differences between the AALs that would prevent the standard AAL from going in a TSB leaf pack.

5. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    jason1kyle

jason1kyle commander101

Member:
    JOHNSON CITY, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab trd sr5
    77 series k&n 1inch throttle body spacer dual in single out catback exhaust (exhaust pros)
    from what i understand is they are pretty much the same aal with diff hights u can use either one they just provide the tsb one so that ur rear end isnt higher than ur front so u can level out

6. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    wallytaco

Member:
    Pittsfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Access V6 OR
    I guess that's what I'm hoping... I don't mind a slight rake and I think the difference between the AALs is somewhere around 3/4". I ordered 885s and the top plate spacers for an access cab, so I think the new rake would be almost unnoticeable even with the standard AAL on TSB leafs.

7. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:36 AM
    wallytaco

Member:
    Pittsfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Access V6 OR
    Just got confirmation from Neubs... the standard AAL will not fit the TSB leaf pack. AAL is too long, would need to be cut and drilled.

However, it got me thinking: with the AAL, do I really need to get the TSB done? In my '87 Chevy 1-ton, I had AALs put in for load and the added height was more of a side benefit. However, it did stiffen up the ride. I'm thinking that with the standard AAL on my current 3-leaf springs, I may get additional load benefit without needing the TSB. Between the 885s and AAL, I don't want to stiffen up the ride any more than I have to.

Can anyone comment on ride quality differences between standard and TSB'd AAL setups?

8. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I love the ride and look with my 2" AAL. I think the tsb and an aal would be too stiff for my liking.

9. Mar 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    jason1kyle

jason1kyle commander101

Member:
    JOHNSON CITY, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab trd sr5
    77 series k&n 1inch throttle body spacer dual in single out catback exhaust (exhaust pros)
    ok so the 2" toytec aal will not fit on the tsb leaf pack thats good to know cause i was thinking about buying that just to get a little more hight in there but i guess i'll go with the toytec 1.5" now

Products Discussed in

To Top