1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally started my bed light mod

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hookedontronics, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Dec 19, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Great job on the bed lights, great coverage and I love the Line-x. I will be doing some bed lighting of my own shortly but will be using LED's.

2. Dec 19, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    btuner

btuner <<<<>>>>

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hendersonville NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stage III TRD Badge
  3. Dec 19, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    O9Taco

O9Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Reno,NV
    Vehicle:
    SR5 DC Short Bed
    17 x 9 terr grapplers with a 3" lift. More to come.
    Have any pics without the blinding light. :)

4. Dec 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    btuner

btuner <<<<>>>>

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hendersonville NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stage III TRD Badge
    It's just the round black one. I have it stuck at the top of the bed just under the rail and the wire loops over the rail and tucks up under between the bed and the cab. You don't even notice the module until it turns on lol
    [​IMG]

5. Dec 19, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Here is my bed pocket light picture. I like the way you did yours though.. its not like you need the pockets anyway.. might as well close them off to hold the lights lol. When I was looking for the right lights for mine, I wanted something like yours to flush mount in the side of the bed, but I found these first.
    [​IMG]

And heres the pin switch that I used so they come on when the tail gate is down.
    [​IMG]

6. Dec 19, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    O9Taco

O9Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Reno,NV
    Vehicle:
    SR5 DC Short Bed
    17 x 9 terr grapplers with a 3" lift. More to come.
  7. Jun 30, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Check out my signature for my bedlights :D

8. Oct 7, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    MBCoast

MBCoast Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4X4 Snugtop
    3 inch front 2 rear
    Nice work on the dash bezel mod! I like the way you set the switch block - it looks stock, clean.

:thumbsup:[​IMG]

9. Oct 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    wilnbroc

wilnbroc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver SR5 4wd Base Double Cab Short Bed
    Aluminum Side steps, Tuffy security bed box, bed lights installed like hookedontronics mod., auxillery 12v DC plug in Console, USA-SPEC iPod interface, set of Bilstein 5150's, CBI Offroad Trail Rider 2.0 rear bumber-textured black, Redline hoodstruts, Toyo Open Country A/T 265/70-16

I liked your write-up so much that I started on my own last week. I thought the lights were perfect, and you really thought this out. I wanted to ask you about the rubber grommet trim that wraps around each light. It has quite and excess of overlap flange i guess you might call it. Did you trim the grommets flush so it would sit flush, because I bought the same lights and I am having difficulty figuring out how to keep the lights in the bed pocket molding.

10. Oct 29, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma PreRunner DC with TSS Package
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light

This was not my write up, but if you look closely at the pockets without the lights, you can tell how he angled the lights to face towards the back of the bed. The insert that he made for the pockets is not flush with the front of the pocket. It is actually sunken in on one side (the side closest to the tailgate). Hope this helps.

11. Dec 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    yup that's how i did it, didn't need to trim the grommet at all

12. Feb 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    how did you get the pockets out? I tried a little while ago and they seemed like they are jammed in there real good. I was thinking of cutting up a $1 cutting board and making just a cover for them (don't need the lights, it's rare I have anything in the bed, and if I do it doesn't stay in there long).

13. Feb 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    DIVERMAN

DIVERMAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4x4 TRD O/R SWB
    Tailgate theft prevention, Locking rear window, Blind spot mirrors, Fogs on anytime, Rear diff breather relocated, Bed storage locks, LEDs in/out, Relocated trailer plug(custom!), OEM bed mat, OEM running boards, OEM bed divider, Bed lights, Rev lights, Raptor lights, WeatherTech floor mats and window vents, Extra D-rings, ImMrYo Bracket, UWS low pro black toolbox, Carhartt seat covers,
    pull up till they side up, then out. they have double sided tape on them, maybe a little difficult at first

14. Feb 22, 2012 at 5:50 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    lol, hell yeah they are difficult, feels like they are bolted down.

15. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4x4
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more
    I broke tabs on mine :(

16. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    As did I. Think I'll just screw it back in.

17. Feb 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    kd8bao

kd8bao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    2000 Excursion 7.3L - Ex '11 Taco DCSB
    I saw another guy on here do it with an led underbody kit. Put the two long ones under the truck for entry lights and the two short ones in the bed. I wired all into the dome light. So when I unlock the truck at night the lights under the truck turn on. Total about $40.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329929338.861061.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329929371.510000.jpg

Thulsa Doom likes this.
  18. Feb 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    :eek: dang, lol now I'm not sure if I want to do this ...

19. Feb 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    I didnt pull up first though... just out. Oops...:facepalm:

20. Feb 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    either way, mine is pretty much on there! :eek: might try to see what's up this weekend but if all else I may leave it be until I get a better idea of just how to take it off without breaking anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top